Computer Vision Engineer (100% remote, Go) // Vuu
WHO WE ARE
We are a dedicated team of movie and TV enthusiasts building a unique content platform centered around movies and TV-series for web, mobile and third-party systems.
Currently, we’re growing our design and development team from the ground up. Given the competitive nature of our industry and the app development space, we’re keeping our efforts to ourselves for the time being. But we’d love to give the right person the grand tour, and the option to join an exciting new startup in its early stages.
We are very open to remote freelancers, but require you to be open to visit our main office in Norway on a regular basis. Our remote workers start with a 2-4 week period in Norway before transitioning back to their remote locations, and come back to Norway every ~3 months for a 1-2 week period. All trips and stays in Norway are of course paid for by us. In Berlin we are also opening an office but you can continue to work remotely.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a machine learning engineer with a focus on computer vision to lead our development of a revolutionary new way of detecting what a user is watching on his TV at home.
You develop in Go, optionally using or creating C libraries. Experience in audio-fingerprinting and / or the iOS CoreML and Vision libraries are a big plus.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE
- 3+ years in server-side languages in C or Go
- a PhD or similar in Computer Vision or Machine Learning
- been building low-latency systems doing realtime object detection and image pattern recognition
- applied machine learning to computer vision problems
- built and maintained systems using supervised and unsupervised learning, generative models, temporal learning, multi-modal input streams, and other modern approaches
- been building microservices, distributed systems and RESTful APIs
- been known to care about throughput, latency and availability (before they become a problem)
- had long discussions with friends about the Mirror Universe, the Upside Down, who the Man in Black is, or the accuracy of the human portrayals in The Crown
The description above is not a requirement for applying. If you don’t tick all the boxes, show us how you’re special anyway, and why you’d be a great fit.
This is truly a unique opportunity to build a great, one-of-a-kind, international product while at the same time work with the global film and TV industry. You’ll have passionate colleagues committed in heart and mind to the product we’re building. And of course, the standard package; a decent salary, stock options, and flexible work hours.
Vuu is an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusivity, believing that diversity in the workplace is required to build something that has the potential to make a global impact and to cultivate healthy company culture. If you are a member of an underrepresented, marginalised group, or have a cultural background different from most Norwegians’, we strongly encourage you to apply.