Freelance Big Data Administrator // Motionlogic
Motionlogic is trying to give answers to big questions and it is trying to use really big data to do so. We are building data products and the infrastructure that can handle 100s of Terabytes, billions of events daily and provide actionable insights in near real time.
We are looking for am administrator to join us on a freelancing basis in order to:
- Support Motionlogic’s complex internal and customer-based infrastructire.
- Develop, coordinate and drive small projects and service level.
- Solve problems occurring in critical services and build automation to prevent the recurrence of them.
- Employ monitoring tools to collect KPIs, interpret them to optimize the operational profile and prohibit problems from recurring.
- Automate the operation of internal systems.
- Self driven personality.
- BS degree in Computer Science, another quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design.
- Experience in at least one high level language like Ruby, Python and Shell.
- Experience with production Linux environments.
- Proficient with configuration management for YARN-based systems and web services.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, load balancing, workflow automation, security practicesand LAN/WAN environments.
- Familiarity with running data pipelines, on premise installations.
- Experience with scripting in Python and bash.
- Exposure onvirtualization engines (libvirt and qemu) and automating their operational aspects.
- Knowledge of container technologies, like LXC and Docker.
- Knowledge of at least one monitoring solution like Prometheus, Nagios, Munin or Zabbix.
- Knowledge on operating big data technologies (YARN, Mesos, Zookeeper, etc.).
- Analytical skills and passion for measuring everything and improving systems based on the insights gained from the measured data.
If it sounds something you like to know more about don’t hesitate to contact us!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →