Freelance Manual Content Tester / English // Babbel
With Babbel everyone can learn a new language. The top grossing online language learning app empowers learners to start speaking straight away. 73% of Babbel’s users feel they’d be able to hold a short conversation after just five hours of using the app. Recognised by Fast Company Magazine as the most innovative education company of 2016, Babbel’s courses make it easy to learn 14 different languages from 7 display languages. Unique to Babbel, our team of language experts build individual courses for each language pair.
Available for web, iOS and Android, bite-sized lessons cover useful real-world topics, from introducing oneself and ordering food, to local colloquialisms and idioms. Founded in 2007, the company recently surpassed 1,000,000 active subscribers and has a team of over 500 people of 45 nationalities working in Berlin and New York.
Improving the way people learn languages is a great challenge – we are looking for a Freelance Manual Content Tester for English speaking users.
- Manually test language courses on web and mobile
- Report content and technical issues
- Proofread documentation in English
- English is your mother tongue (British or American preferred)
- You are fluent in at least two of these languages: Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Swedish, Danish, Polish, Turkish, Dutch
- Bilingual German / English is a clear plus
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Basic knowledge of Android / iOS and web applications
- Reliable and independent way of working
- University degree in linguistics, translation (or a related field) and / or a background in teaching
- Previous knowledge of JIRA is a plus
- Living in or close to Berlin
- Freelance tax number
- A flexible working schedule
- Mostly working from home (but training in our Berlin office)
- Competent training and support
- A friendly atmosphere and a great team