Freelance Project Manager (Translations) // Babbel
With Babbel anyone can learn a language.
Whether on the go, in the subway or at home on the sofa, Babbel supports those who enjoy learning outside of work or school. Since its founding in 2007, the company has grown to become the market leader in app based language learning. In total, Babbel offers 14 learning languages, from English to Indonesian. Professional courses are readily available via the Babbel website as well as on your smartphone or tablet. At Babbel, more than 600 team members from over 50 different countries work hard to set standards for creating a new learning experience.
We are currently looking for a Freelance Project Manager for our Wording & Translations Team in Berlin! (Ideally we are looking for someone from October, initially for 1 month with the possibility of extension)
Wording & Translations is an interdisciplinary team within Beat, Babbel\’s Creative Services Team. W&T provides translation, localisation and copywriting services to all Babbel departments.
- Coordinate internal and external resources for the flawless execution of the project
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and all relevant project documentation, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Plan projects and track progress
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- 3+ years of project management experience in the field of translation/localisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Google products
- You stay calm under pressure, you are a problem solver and a team player
- Excellent internal and external communication skills
- Fluency in German as nice to have
- Work within a high-performing team at Babbel.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.