Freelancer – UI/UX Design (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 4 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app was named by Apple as one of the very best in the App Store. We received the United Nations World Summit Award in the Learning & Education category, a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness, as well as an Android Excellence Award.
Why do we need you?
At Blinkist, we believe in empowering curious people to learn more. One of the key ways we’re doing this is by taking a truly customer-first approach to design. We continually listen and endeavour to learn about our readers and potential customers, so that we can design the best experiences for them. We are looking for a Freelance UI/UX who also believes deeply in this approach and can help us deliver more exceptional experiences to our web platform.
What you’ll do:
- Design concepts and features across Blinkist web products, including Blinkist Magazine and other web-based entities
- Improve high impact pages on Blinkist.com: from landing page to discovery, the reading experience and more
- Iterate often and quickly using a data-informed approach
- Think strategically about how to ship designs in smaller parts to validate assumptions
What we believe will help you excel in this role:
- 3+ years of web/digital product design experience, ideally in start-ups
- A portfolio that demonstrates visual design skills, including designing for responsive sites
- Solid UX skills — your portfolio showcases that you’ve had experience tackling real customer problems
- A clear, defined workflow and a process for solving problems
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to accept and resolve feedback graciously
- Experience using Sketch
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help us build the leading destination for the modern lifelong learner, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!