German Localization Specialist – Freelance // KAYAK
- Translating new copy from English into (Swiss-) German with an eye to the KAYAK brand
- Working together with the DACH and Localization team to improve and iterate language, terminology, and style
- Identifying and fixing text based bugs using an in-house translation software platform
- Identifying and reporting layout and functionality bugs using the JIRA bug reporting system
- Assisting the Consumer Team in answering German consumer feedback
- Ideally based in Berlin and permitted to work in Germany
- Native speaker (German/Swiss German) – with excellent knowledge of the English language
- Higher education in a relevant field (linguistics, philology, intercultural communication, editing, translation or similar)
- Demonstrated translation, localization or copywriting/editing experience
- Web and mobile app literacy
- Experience with consumer feedback a plus
- Enjoys working with a variety of tasks, and capable of independently managing workflow, information, and processes between different teams and stakeholders
- Able to work alone, and play nice with others
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout looking for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of The Priceline Group.