Senior DevOps Engineer // Feingold Technologies / Sharecare
For our rapidly growing R&D Center in Berlin Mitte we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer.
Area of responsibility
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a team that is responsible for our production, staging and development environments.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Maintain Jenkins and Ansible scripts
- Coordinate efforts with development and management
- Estimation of capacity requirements and scaling to meet them
- Maintain health monitoring systems and integration with Datadog or Beats/ElasticSearch
- Set up and maintain production, staging and development stacks using Amazon VPCs
- Database operations with Elasticsearch, MongoDB and others, including import and export of data, backups, migration and scaling
- Technical documentation of operational details and procedures
- Manage and deploy Docker containers
- At least 2 years of experience as a DevOps Engineer
- Fluent in English
- Autodidact and a fast learner
Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, ElastiCache etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Ansible is preferred, but knowledge of Chef and/or Puppet is acceptable
- Significant experience in all of the following: Cloud architecture, Networking, Open VPN and Strong Swan, Linux servers, script writing, the building and deployment of automation tools, DB management, Elasticsearch cluster maintenance, and MongoDB
- Familiarity with Java 8, Spring MVC, JUnit, Maven, and load testing
- Familiarity with Redis and RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with Docker
- Understanding of Networking Fundamentals, eg. subnets, TCP, UDP, ports etc.
- Experience working with Git, Jenkins, Linux, and Bash scripting
- Knowledge of Python and/or Ruby
- Good understanding of the challenges of Scaling and experience devising solutions for these challenges
- Knowledge of security policies implementation best practices and familiarity with Big Data and Machine Learning would both be very advantageous.
Sharecare’s Innovation Technology & Products Center in Berlin is a production grade R&D organization. We develop the future of behavioral analysis technologies and health-related systems for the purpose of creating a world-class intelligent healthcare platform that anyone can use.
Some of our award winning developments include technologies for detecting stress and emotions from voice and text. Our customers use these technologies to understand their relationships with their social circles and how these relationships affect their well-being, which in turn helps us to understand the collective health of large populations. We are currently enriching these technologies with the latest in machine learning, sensors and medical research.
We are ambitious and proactive. And for us it’s not just about technology. It’s about creativity and craft.
We are an organically grown collective, friends of friends of friends, and most have a secondary discipline – namely, music – that we take very seriously.
What we can offer you
- Be part of a dynamic, international and talented team
- The opportunity to get deeply involved in the research and development of our products
- A high degree of autonomy and flexibility
- A stack of the most modern technologies
- Flat hierarchies, cross-team collaborations and short and open channels of communication
- The chance to learn and grow with regular in-office tech training sessions and participation in conferences
- Snacks and drinks available in our office kitchen.
Please send us your CV, references and earliest possible starting date, preferably via email to email@example.com. Postal applications should be sent to Feingold Technologies GmbH, Human Resources, Münzstraße 19, 10178 Berlin. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →