Administrative Assistenz // SmileBack
We’re SmileBack, a fast growing, post-revenue SaaS startup in Berlin with an awesome customer satisfaction feedback platform. SmileBack is used by more than 675 companies around the world. We believe in people-first technology, which is why we built an easy-to-use, integrated product that helps companies listen better to their clients.
We need an energetic, smart university student (m/f, 20 hours per week) who will help us keep the office running well here here in Berlin Mitte. You will get to know the ins and outs of various financial and organizational systems in one of the hottest industries there is, putting a very big feather in your cap for your future career.
Your job will be to support the team to make SmileBack a place where people love to be and work. You will be responsible for undertaking all kinds of work, from the zen bits like keeping our plants happy through to puzzling out how to walk the fine line between Silicon Valley enthusiasm and German bureaucracy. You will have to think on your feet—often literally—and anticipate the needs of the company ahead of time, from having that new employee’s desk, computer, and accounts set up before she arrives on the first day of work to making sure we never run out of fresh fruit. Some of the specific duties you can expect to take on include:
- Preparing the bookkeeping for hand-off to our accountants, including making sure to provide an organized package of all numbers, receipts, reports, and payroll information they need from us to do their job efficiently and cost-effectively
- Continuously looking for ways to automate and standardize some of the more repetitive work that lands on your desk, so that you can be freed up to take on new and more creative challenges
- Relocation support for new team members who are coming from abroad or are not German nationals—think visa applications, getting set up in Berlin, etc.
- Managing communications with external service providers such as lawyers, accountants, banks, and German authorities and agencies
- Keeping the physical office space organized, stocked with supplies, organized, and clean and a place the team is proud of
- Organizing all the logistics for our participation at conferences, industry events, and team retreats. This can range from booking flights to remotely setting up a booth at a conference, which becomes a satellite office for a few days
- Occasionally providing personal assistance to the CEO
Everything you need to know that is specific to this role you can learn from us, but the following qualifications are all absolute musts:
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Written and verbal fluency in German and English
- A basic level of financial literacy (or aptitude to learn), like experience working with budgets and bookkeeping
- Proficient with MS Office applications and high degree of comfort with digital tools
- Eligible for work authorization in Germany
This is a working student job and pays 10 EUR per hour.
As an employer, we’re committed to investing in our team members. We embrace the various backgrounds that make individuals unique and strive to create a work environment that enables our employees to expand their own skills and experience.
We also have some top-notch perks that we created based on what our employees want and value. We do fun things like regular activities out of the office, and have on-site head and neck massages. Our dress code is relaxed. Our tables are always lined with fruits and snacks, and we have team lunch every Thursday. We are determined to help you be happy and thrive.