Senior HR Manager // KAYAK
We are currently seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior HR Manager to oversee offices in Germany, Lithuania and Switzerland across the OpenTable and KAYAK brands.
The role requires a sound understanding of local legislation and employment practices, alongside a clear picture of the trajectory of the organization – allowing partnership and alignment with the wider People team and the overall company vision.
About Our Role
- Build trust-based relationships with people managers and individual contributors to implement People initiatives that meet the objectives of OpenTable & KAYAK
- Expert knowledge and understanding of regional legislation, which ensures advice and support is build on a foundation and understanding of legal risk
- Proactively and effectively address complex employee relations and performance issues, including mitigating risk and managing situations that result in the best possible outcomes for the company, teams, and customers
- Partner with Senior Leaders in region and HR Business Partners globally to understand the wider organisational needs of the teams, and implement strategies that meet and exceed the company objectives
- Work as part of the wider People team to manage cyclical HR processes including engagement surveys, performance management and merit cycle processes
- Subject matter expert and responsibility for regional immigration practices
- Provide expertise in development and execution, planning, and facilitation of employee growth and retention efforts including learning and development
- Working proactively with colleagues across the global HR Operations team to ensure an integrated approach to HR service delivery
- Draft and update policies and letter templates to ensure compliance to changing employment legislation and practices
- Support change management / restructuring processes
- Experienced and credible HR professional who has worked in a generalist management role in the German market
- Fluent in English and German
- A proven background working in a HR business partnering capacity with extensive people management experience
- You will have an operational background and strategic knowledge
- An expert knowledge of legislation and an understanding of how risks work
- Experience working within a fast paced environment is vital
Our mission at KAYAK is to provide the world’s favorite travel planning tools. With every query, KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages.
And because our team is always on the lookout for ways to make travel planning and trip management even easier, we offer a variety of tools and features such as KAYAK Trips, Explore and Price Forecast and are constantly evolving our app, Facebook Messenger and Slack bots, Alexa skill and related A.I. innovations.
In addition to KAYAK, we manage a portfolio of metasearch brands including: momondo, Cheapflights, SWOODOO, checkfelix and Mundi that together process more than two billion consumer queries a year.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- 6 weeks paid vacation
- Day off on your birthday
- Generous retirement plans
- Free lunch catering 3 days per week
- Public transportation subsidies
- Free German classes
- Free Yoga classes
- Free massages
- No stupid meetings
- Drinks, coffee, snacks, games etc.
- Regular team events/excursions
- Flexible hours