Senior Product Manager (f/m) // Small Improvements
We help our customers communicate better. Our product enables employees to give and receive feedback in a meaningful and timely way. We serve SoundCloud, Quiksilver, Pinterest, Sendgrid, Twitch and 700 more.
We’re now looking for an experienced Product Manager who loves agile development. Help us move faster and create an awesome user experience for existing and new customers alike.
This is our first „official“ product management role. If you’re a pragmatic self-starter and love a challenge, if you enjoy working with smart and opinionated people, then this is for you!
What you’ll do
We’re a company of 20 smart and opinionated people, we have 700 paying customers, and want to grow substantially. It’s your job to find a pragmatic balance. You will be in charge of the following:
- Help shape the product vision and maintain the roadmap
- Gather input from across the company and external stakeholders
- Draft high-level feature proposals, get buy-in from team leads and the CEO
- Create wireframes, mockups and prototypes with the designers
- Create specifications at the „right“ level of detail, working closely with developers
- Revisit features while developed, clarify questions, and keep everyone in the loop
- Launch features together with marketing
We have 3-4 parallel feature streams, and they all iterate quickly. You’ll work on most of these tasks every single week.
Who we’re looking for
You need to have a strong background in agile product management:
- You’ve gained 3 years of SAAS product experience in demanding startups
- You have successfully launched or overhauled at least 2 different products
- You’ve applied agile processes such as Kanban or Scrum in fast-paced environments
- You have proven experience working directly with developers and customers and earned their respect
- You have experience with end-user facing products
- You can communicate in English fluently — German knowledge is a plus
Also, we believe that the following traits will be beneficial:
- You’re analytical and pay attention to detail
- You’re a good listener and you can write concisely
- You have deep empathy for end users
- You work quickly, efficiently and with minimal guidance
- You’re happy to make decisions, even in case data is limited
- You’re interested in the business at large, and want the product to succeed
- Your glass is always half-full
More reasons to work at SI
We’re international: We’re 20 people on 3 continents, we sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing. We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
We have very few regular meetings so you can focus on work, and we keep processes to a bare minimum. Need to change something? Just do it! You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
Our new office at Hackescher Markt is is stylish yet cozy, has plenty of doors and enables you to focus on work. There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
Don’t spend too much time tuning and adjusting your CV — your LinkedIn or Xing profile will be sufficient. Do write a friendly cover-letter that explains why you’d be a good fit. We’d love to learn about some of your most complex or challenging previous assignments: What went well, what didn’t, and what you’d do differently this time. One to two pages will be sufficient.
Please send us your relevant details to email@example.com.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →