Art Director (m/f) // Wayfair
Are you an excellent visual storyteller with experience in interior design or interior-based product photography? Do you consider yourself a brand expert who knows the key strategies to make a brand successful on the e-commerce market? Then read on!
Design experience would be a major plus as the role requires an eye for interior design, photography and visual experiences as well as great writing and communication skills. You will be working with many different roles and teams within Wayfair and must be able to clearly communicate design, brand and style feedback quickly and effectively.
If you think this sounds like you, submit your résumé, a cover letter and a portfolio or other samples to show us how you work. Please note that only applications with portfolio will be considered.
A Day in the Life:
- Define art direction of all 3D and photo imagery for Wayfair Europe
- Execute and roll out top-notch imagery with 3D artists and stylist
- Monitor and provide feedback for 3D creative briefs and 3D visual processes
- Create and roll out image testing program in collaboration with cross-functional teams
- Run market analysis of current and upcoming interior design trends
- Curate Wayfair style guides and look books
What You’ll Need:
- 3+ years of working experience within an agency or other e-commerce business, preferably with an interiors brand
- Experience with art direction for product photography
- Great understanding of the market and able to work independently to develop brand strategies and execute market studies
- Self-starter mentality with a can-do attitude
- Excellent communication skills as you will be communicating art direction via email and will have regular long-distance collaboration with the US office
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written
- Ability to recognize and articulate style and product selling features
- Understand and articulate the elements of a good photograph
- A passion for all things home, including the latest trends and developments
- Exceptional attention to detail and creative problem solving skills
- General understanding of 3D Software: 3DS Max, V-ray, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Basic working knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- Basic photography knowledge and skills
- Some free-hand sketching skills
Finally, our proposition to you:
- Of course, the usual competitive salary, annual bonus as well as shares in the company as stock units
- We’ll contribute to your gym membership and offer free yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- You’ll have the opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with teams in Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes through our learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development.
- You’ll have the chance to connect with your team and fellow colleagues at regular social events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.4 billion in net revenue for full year 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →