Experience Designer // Visaya
Experience Designer (f/m)
Immediately / Full time
Location: Berlin, Germany
We are looking for a customer-oriented Experience Designer to join our team. Are you a pioneer who sees an opportunity behind every challenge, people behind every interface, a potential way of engaging users through design? Then keep reading! We are a passionate, young team working in Berlin, and selling process automation products online.
The Industrial Automation industry is one of the few industries that is yet to experience a major digital disruption. Ever heard of Process Automation? Probably not. Yet on a daily basis you touch, use, or even eat more than 200 things that have been created or distributed thanks to this niche but critical industry. We are the team behind Visaya, the open digital platform for Process Automation, where products, professionals and related industry knowledge come together. We recently launched our online shop for industrial automation and having an easy-to-use, trustworthy and engaging digital product is an utmost priority for our clients, and therefore for us. Are you ready for this challenge?
The role in brief
As an Experience Designer at Visaya, you are responsible to keep and maintain a coherent visual language for Visaya as a brand, across various media, including print and video. You are the primary responsible person to lay out a design for the whole platform, whether it’s used on a computer screen or through an app.
You will be working with the Product team and will be involved across the whole life cycle of each feature – from the conception to delivery, passing through QA, iteration and all the intermediary steps in between.
- Establish a coherent visual language for Visaya as we scale to multiple platforms, across various devices and viewports, with a mobile first approach
- Provide functional and aesthetically appealing solutions for existing, experimental and upcoming new features
- Participate in UX research in collaboration with our Product Manager, create and iterate prototypes, and provide deliberate solutions and user journeys for existing, experimental and upcoming new features of visaya across multiple platforms, with the goal of improving engagement and overall experience
- Work together with the marketing and content teams, create hypotheses, plan and develop experiments, and eventually improve functions based on the collected data
- Perform regular site audits, with the goal to ensure that what has been implemented adheres to design prototypes and is up to standard, that respects and simplify the user journey and overall provides for a pleasant and functional experience
- Provide design support on the occasional material for major company events (presentations/infographics/and more. for customer meetings, investors pitches, etc.)
- Proven UI experience (include link to portfolio)
- Ability to identify the best design solutions for an e-commerce shop
- Superior knowledge of visual design and prototyping software of your choice (Sketch, Adobe Products, Invision etc.)
- Ability to coherently present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process is a plus
What to expect when working in Visaya
- An opportunity in a thriving, multicultural and open-minded team
- An exciting opportunity to challenge your skills in one of the few industries yet to experience digital disruption (check out https://visaya.solutions for a sample of what we sell)
- A vibrant and modern workplace in Moabit, Berlin, next to the newly opened Schultheiss Quartier
- The culture of a startup combined with the backing of an established and renowned enterprise
- Fitness corporate plans
- Fresh fruits, snacks and coffee for free
If your qualifications meet our specifications and you want to actively shape a startup company, please send your CV to email@example.com.