Front-End / UX Engineer (m/f) // Basking Automation
We believe that the efficient management of buildings and office spaces is key to curbing the impact of climate change, enabling ta more comfortable, productive and healthier working environment, and we’re looking for early team members passionate about this mission.
We are currently looking for an experienced Front End and UX engineer. You’ll be part of a team that builds a state-of-the-art infrastructure and networking solution.You will help build an affordable and simple to use cloud-based building automation software for small and medium-sized offices, to collect, manage, and integrate building devices in real time.
We are ready for you to start as soon as possible.
What will you do?
- Implementation of a robust set of services and APIs to power the web application
- Work with popular open source libraries including React, Redux and React Router
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Optimization of the application for maximum speed and scalability
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of the front-end aspects of the applications
- Providing the best in class UX for customers of the web application
- Working closely with designers to bring their vision to life
- Adhering to a set of code standards and good practices
Who you are?
- You hold BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- You are an expert in web technologies and APIs (HTTP2, TCP/IP, CSS/HTML, Browser JS APIs)
- You are knowledgeable in modern web tools (NPM/Yarn, Babel etc.)
- You are experienced working with React.js
- You like to build for scale – lean but ready for demand growth
- You’re a fan of open source philosophy, with data-driven development approach
- You have a proven ability to efficiently manage all aspects of the software development life cycle in an Agile environment
- You have an intense focus on building secure and reliable systems
- You have a desire to build highly usable customer centric products
What do we offer?
- Working directly with the founders and shaping the company, who just received 7-digit Seed funding
- Having impact on the product from day 1
- A steep learning curve
- Working in downtown Berlin
- International team
- Compensation: Competitive [salary + option] package, depending on experience