Graphic Designer // 8fit
8fit understands the obstacles people face on their fitness journey. It often isn’t easy, and there’s no one-size-fits-all way to find lifelong health. That’s why we’ve set out build the best way for people to achieve their personal fitness goals. 8fit makes healthy living fun and simple by providing tailored workouts, meal plans and guidance in one easy-to-use app.
8fit is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our Marketing team in our Berlin office. You’re a self-starter and team player with a natural love of aesthetics, looking to add value to our brand story and product development. As we begin to build out our in-house creative team, we are looking for a skilled, fast and independent graphics artist to help the design and execution of on screen graphics like animated lower thirds, infographics and animated integrations on video.
- Shape the 8fit brand via exceptional creatives and design
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing and Content teams to come up with creative solutions.
- Work with a combination of live action video and motion graphics – designing, editing and animating new content, as well as assembling and adapting existing assets.
- Receive and handle parallel briefs. Grasp the scope, objectives and specifications of the production team.
- Contribute to the idea process, storyboarding, and exploration of creative treatments.
- Work through feedback to deliver a final product in a fast-turnaround environment.
- Research, discover and implement new tools, technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Maintain best practices for versioning control, naming conventions and organization of files – always with an eye towards optimization and scalability.
- You have a proven track record of 3-4 years of relevant design experience
- You are capable of translating business and marketing goals, research and testing insights into high-performing ads for online and offline channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, TV, YouTube, PR).
- You have a great understanding of UX/UI Design requirements to provide our users with an excellent app experience, thanks to animations, typography, graphics, photography and icons.
- You have participated in and provided motion and static graphics for specialty projects and initiatives.
- Additional pluses: Previous experience developing business presentations and mock-ups, experience with 3D, a degree related to Film / TV.
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people and we stick to them ourselves, so “work/life balance” is core to how we do things. But don’t just take our word for it – you’re welcome to drop by and meet the team! We’ve got a lovely office in Friedrichshain, right on the river Spree. It’s quiet, bright, well-stocked with healthy snacks, and every Friday, we get together for a healthy lunch.
Other perks of being an 8fitter:
- Flexible office hours, to ensure you have plenty of time to enjoy life (and fit in a workout)
- Stock options, so you can share in 8fit’s success
- A health & wellness benefit, naturally
- Yearly company offsite to escape harsh Berlin winters – this year, we’ve headed to Thailand!
- Remote work policy that allows for extra flexibility, year-round
- Professional development grants to help you learn and grow
- Relocation benefits and visa assistance for non-EU citizens
Read more here: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear your short intro in the summary section.