Graphic Designer (m/f) // Wayfair
Experience with digital retouching is preferred for this position. Examples of digital composition and/or banner displays will be a strong advantage.
We need to see your work to know if you are a fit for our team! Please submit a link to your online portfolio. The link can either be on your resume directly, or pasted into the ‘cover letter’ section of the wayfair.com/careers online application. Please note that only candidates with a portfolio of design work will be considered.
- Re-touch photo assets from photo shoots as needed
- Follow brand standards closely
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch into maintain good workflow
- Develop ideas and concepts into compelling, visual solutions ranging from presentations, collateral and branding to integrated digital and social media programs
- Participate in brainstorms, concept development, and design comps.
- Present visual ideas, design rationale and detail to team members and executives
- Have an attention to detail, and be able to pre-flight and package print-ready art for printing
- Assist in project coordination across functional teams
- Work in a collaborative team environment and work within designated budgets, timelines and client branding guidelines
- Have good communication skills and a willingness to learn
- Work closely with designers, product managers, UX specialists, front-end developers, engineers and other internal departments to gain knowledge of the existing storefront, implement new features, and improve existing features
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect mockups from sketches, wireframes, and spec documents (and on occasion, out of thin air!)
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure design concepts meet brand standards and business goals
Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely while quickly applying feedback and direction as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in graphic design, visual communication, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of production experience
- Ability to work with cross-functional partners on multiple deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced atmosphere
- A solid understanding of basic design, color and typography principles
- Basic understanding of Social Media platforms and design aesthetics
- Design experience including page layouts, information graphics, website design, presentations and logo/identity development
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to project timelines
- Ability to produce quality work under tight deadlines is a must
- Understanding of photo retouching
- Understanding of design for female demographics
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite
- An affinity for current industry developments, design trends, and technologies
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce!
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
We´re happy to hear from you! Work with us! Please apply in English via our recruitment system Jobvite and have your CV and a motivation letter (or however you want to express you´re the right candidate) ready and use this link:
Wayfair (NYSE: W) offers an extensive selection of home furnishings and décor across all styles and price points with a superior customer service and inspiring interior topics. With an unparalleled selection of more than seven million home items from 7,000 suppliers, Wayfair helps people find the perfect product at the right price. Always committed to using technology to create a superior shopping experience, Wayfair developed Wayfair Next which concentrates on 3D visualization technology.
Wayfair generated $3.14 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended September 30, 2016. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 5,600 people.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →