Head of Design // FRI:DAY
We are FRIDAY. Our aim is to offer an insurance that actually benefits our customers’ lives. We are building the first entirely stress-free car insurance – without loads of paperwork, annoying bureaucracy and lengthy contract duration. We are based in Berlin and benefit from the support and trust of the renowned Swiss Baloise Group.
As a Head of Design you will be providing leadership, guidance and coaching to designers and non-designers in all design related topics while at the same time working hand-in-hand with fellow Designers, Product Owners and the Developer team to take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into useful and enjoyable experiences for our customers.
We are looking for a creative problem solver, who embraces design thinking, and thrives on getting it right for the user:
- Setting the creative directions of the product and brand by continuing and developing the overall design strategy in cooperation with the product and marketing teams
- Translating the overall design strategy to actionable design principles and guidelines
- Overseeing work produced by the creative team and help designers, UX designers and writers produce exceptional results that meet the objectives
- Individually contributing as a designer, creating user journeys, sketches, wireframes and UI designs
- Brand Management – you are responsible for the consistency of our brand appearance over all channels & to further develop our brand
- Translating marketing objectives into clear creative strategies and create and conceptualise Marketing campaigns (Social Media, Ads, Landingpages, etc)
- You have a degree in Interactive Design, Visual Design, Communication Design or a similar field
- Broad experience in Product/UX/UI and Communication Design, with a particular strong background in shipping mobile products and a strong portfolio that showcases your skills
- Excellent communication and leadership skills and the ability to manage and inspire creative teams
- Ability to understand and discuss technical topics, requirements, and limitations related to software development
- Experience working with agile development teams
If your heart beats for great design, creating memorable experiences, and you enjoy working in a hyper growth environment, submit your CV and cover letter. Please also provide a portfolio that shows a range of product experiences you’ve created and outline your role and process.