Head of Product Design // Blacklane
October 23, 2017
Blacklane provides an outstanding ground travel experience in over 250 cities and 50 countries worldwide. Our success comes from a collaboration of more than 200 people from 40 nations and we are looking for more exceptional people to join us! Help us solve the challenges of moving travellers around the world and support a thriving community of professional drivers.
- Your key task is to connect the dots with our product management and engineering teams: be the design advocate for everything we do and help prioritize design and development for a great user experience. You will build communication processes with stakeholders and the design team to make sure teams are on the same page and collaborating well.
- You will drive the design process across research, UX and UI design.
- You will create a consistent and high quality experience for across all of our products. You will put in place tools and systems to make current and future design states transparent not only to designers but to teams throughout the company.
- You will guide the visual design in collaboration with our brand team to bring the visual design and professionality of our tools’ to a new level.
- You will create a structured and thoughtful design hiring process that will bring in talented new designers with the right skills at the right time as our design needs grow.
- You will mentor designers and researchers with widely varying amounts of experience and help them grow their careers.
- You will jump in to do hands-on wireframing and design.
- You will collaborate with the team to create efficient processes for delivering research and design specifications.
- You will champion UX and user research across the organization.
- Blacklane works in the rapidly changing mobility and travel sectors. It’s an interesting, complex problem space with people on the move: those providing services in vehicles all over the world, and those using that service. It’s a rich and fun field for problem solving, with diverse user groups and many design touchpoints.
- 7+ years’ experience as User Experience/Interaction Designer
- 3+ years of direct design team management experience
- A strong portfolio demonstrating attention to detail, your role in design leadership, and success in improving conversion rates or key KPIs in cross-channel product families
- Experience building a product design team and providing guidance and career advancement
- A mixture of experience on both consumer and B2B products
- Experience with a wide range of user research methodologies and tools
- Practical experience with tools such as Sketch, InvisionApp and Adobe CC
- Experience in visual design / art direction is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies is a plus
- A combination of emotional intelligence with an analytical mind, with a healthy design-feedback attitude
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus
- A degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, or similar
MORE THAN A JOB
- You will work in the exciting and innovative market of global ground transportation.
- You will become part of a unique international and professional team, that is characterized by flat hierarchies, a family-like atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open feedback culture
- You will have the tremendous opportunity to grow with us and develop your skills, supported by our talent training team.
- You will work in a modern office with a variety of fresh fruits and drinks, regular company and team events and a lot of fun games.
- We will support you in visa, relocation and other administrative issues.
Visit the company websiteBlacklane