Instructional / Learning Experience Designer // Babbel
Babbel is at the center of a language learning revolution. We defined the market for online language learning, and we’re about to embark on an exciting new journey to change the way people learn.
If you’ve got a passion for designing truly outstanding products, along with the portfolio to back it up, we want to hear from you. You’ll be an integral part of an interdisciplinary, international team with the opportunity to work on a variety of projects from learning through games to shaping habit change.
In return, we offer fantastic opportunities to learn and evolve within a dynamic and fast-growing startup. And, of course, you’ll be working on a product that improves the lives of millions of people.
This is a full-time role, based in the heart of buzzing Berlin.
We are looking for an experienced Instructional / Learning Experience Designer who will define the way language is taught digitally to learners everywhere.
At Babbel, Instructional Design and Learning Experience Design drive the vision of how we teach languages with our wildly popular web, Android and iPhone applications. You will be designing learning experiences that bring a human touch to digital education, impacting millions of potential learners.
- Design, develop and improve digital learning experiences which make the acquisition of language more efficient, effective, and appealing
- Work together with a cross-functional team of product managers, product designers, engineers and content creators to create learning experiences
- Champion the needs of the learner, and good pedagogy across the business, mentoring colleagues and increasing awareness of LXD & ID
- Determine the needs and goals of our learners
- Ensure alignment of the target market and the learning experience
- Iterate on designs to ensure maximum effectiveness
- Continuously improve and refine the processes, tools and operations by which we scale production
- A talented instructional designer who has created educational materials for use in digital environments
- An enthusiast for learner-centered design, able to work with colleagues and learners to iterate and improve on digital learning experiences
- A great communicator who can express his/her thoughts well in verbal, written and visual form
- An energetic and enthusiastic learning expert
- 5+ years of instructional design experience, ideally in the field of language learning
- Experience in designing educational materials for digital learning products
- A University degree in Education, Linguistics or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Practical experience of teaching, ideally in teaching a foreign language
- Fluent English language skills
- A self-organised and results-driven way of working in a diverse environment
Nice to have
- Proficient Spanish, German or other languages offered by Babbel
- Experience working with agile development
- Change the way people learn. Your ideas will impact the way millions of users experience a new language learning
- Design to delight, as well as to serve. The actual needs of our users are at the core of every decision we make at Babbel
- Design in an agile environment. You’ll collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to find innovative solutions to our users’ problems
- A vibrant international team from over 36 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)
Sounds good? We are already looking forward hearing from you! Check out also our jobs page, our blog and our techblog to get an impression of how we work at Babbel!