Interaction Designer // Liquid Democracy
Wanted: Interaction Designer with great ideas for the future of democracy
- Location: Berlin
- 32–40 hours per week
- Starts at earliest date possible
- Deadline for application: Dec. 8, 2017
Since 2009 Liquid Democracy has worked to create the future of democracy. As an independent non-profit organization, we strive to discover new concepts and methods for digital citizen participation. The core of our work is to create our open source participation software Adhocracy. With Adhocracy we enable citizens and anyone who is interested to collectively develop ideas, discuss issues and make decisions. Our partners are political parties, municipalities, NGOs, foundations and civic initiatives. Our recent projects include the central participation platform of Berlin, mein.berlin.de, the European idea challenge Advocate Europe (advocate-europe.eu) and the European platform for youth participation OPIN.me.
For our team in Berlin, we are looking at the earliest date possible for an Interaction Designer with at least two years of experience in designing web applications / digital interfaces.
As our Interaction Designer you work closely with our development team to design the user interfaces of our software projects and some print materials for our organization, as well as the user interfaces of our own projects.
- Concept development and design of the UI and UX of individual features, digital platforms and projects, which enable digital participatio
- Concept development and user testing of concepts using user flows, wireframes, prototypes and other methods
- Design UI elements and digital design guidelines
- Make sure your designs adhere to regulations and principles of accessibility (e.g. German BITV 2.0, WCAG, etc.)
- You have at least 2 years of experience in designing digital interfaces
- You like to find creative solutions for technical constraints
- Your work focusses on the needs of the users
- Accessibility was part of some of your former projects
- You like Taking responsibility in a small team
- You are interested in the topics participation and direct forms of democracy
- Ideally you have some knowledge of HTML 5 und CSS/SASS
- Some knowledge of the German language
Why should you work with us?
We work for society
At Liquid Democracy you work at a non-profit which wants to further social change and strives to find innovative answers to pressing political questions.
Your ideas matter to us
We take pride in our flat hierarchies and each individual’s freedom to create something. It is important to us that your involve yourself and participate in our team.
We strive for change instead of profits
As an independent non-profit, we focus on our mission goals not on profits or expectations of investors.
We offer great working conditions
We offer you a fair salary, six weeks of vacation per year, flexible working hours and a lovely office space in Neukölln as well as the technical equipment you need.
Apply now until Dec. 8, 2017
We look forward to your digital application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Dec. 8, 2017. Please state your earliest possible start date and salary expectations. Your applications and any questions can be directed to Moritz.