(Junior) Designer (m/f) // MAKERS
As Designer at MAKERS you will:
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to create delightful, pixel-perfect designs based on high-fidelity prototypes.
- Design mobile apps and responsive websites which not only perform flawlessly but also look amazing.
- Maintain and optimize screen designs and user flows.
- Draw icons and illustrations.
- Create corporate materials, like logos, business document layouts, banners, presentations and conference booth design.
- Work on motion videos and be fully responsible for the cutting, sound and music.
- Collaborate directly and proactively with our portfolio-companies to ensure all projects are developed exactly as specified before reaching the hands of the user.
- Maintain your knowledge of design trends and new technologies to display initiative in creative problem solving.
- You bring 1+ years of design experience, preferably in a startup environment or an agency.
- You are a design generalist and like to work on web, application, graphic, interaction and motion design as well as photography, writing, and illustrations.
- You are able to manage to work on several projects at the same time while ensuring deliverables are met on-time and at a high standard of quality.
- You rapidly produce prototypes and can decide quickly if pixel-perfect designs or just some rough low-fi prototypes are needed.
- You stay on top of design trends and newest technologies and are not afraid to think outside the box.
- You are used to turning your designs into static HTML/CSS templates or even better, you are familiar with modern front-end development workflow, like GitHub, Pre-Processing (preferably Sass/ Jade), Bootstrap/Foundation, jQuery
- You are proficient with using common design/prototyping tools as Sketch, Adobe CC, InvisionApp
- You have experience in logo, branding, and marketing design.
- Your work is thorough with an eye for details and you are a highly-motivated and proactive team player.
- You are fluent in English, German is a plus.
Perks and Benefits:
- Responsibility and ownership right from the beginning: At MAKERS your undertakings have an impact.
- Well equipped Mac-Workstation with the latest tools/software – If something is missing, we’ll take care of that!
- Explore various business models at the same time.
- Supportive environment for testing new tools (you are never too old to learn something new!)
- Blind lunch, knowledge and best-practice sharing within our MAKERS community.
- Weekly feedback session to help you grow professionally.
- Regular team events and BBQs on the rooftop terrace of our office in Berlin, Mitte with an international team.
- Fruits, veggies, snacks and drinks for free.
We are looking forward to receiving your application together with your portfolio (website, Dribbble, Behance, PDF or otherwise).
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →