Lead Product Designer // Idagio
“This startup is set to revolutionize classical music” – Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung
We are a technology company that is driven by the mission to build the world’s best streaming service for classical music lovers. We’re the only service worldwide that is able to offer the specialized search that lovers of this genre want and need. A search that they can’t and won’t get at Spotify, Apple Music or Youtube.
We are honoured to also work directly with the world’s leading musicians and institutions, including the Vienna Philharmonic, the Philharmonia Orchestra and the Israel Philharmonic.
IDAGIO is available to music lovers across the globe, but physically we are rooted in Berlin and consider the German-speaking countries our home base, as the world perceives them as the cradle and the center of classical music.
WHERE YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
- Lead and mentor a team of UX designers in carrying out research and user flows, producing wireframes and prototypes, and working with developers to implement features.
- Identify pain points and needs of users and bring the insights into the team.
- Identify overarching interaction patterns and design holistically to ensure a consistent user experience across the full customer journey.
- Manage the design of our mobile interfaces (iOS, Android) and contribute to the design of our web/desktop interface
- Translate user research and analytics data into tangible product improvements
- Work closely with Bas, our Product Director, and Ant, our Design Director
EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALITY TRAITS WE FIND RELEVANT FOR THIS POSITION
- Experience with and passion for digital products: your portfolio will show that you’ve worked on a range of challenging projects across all steps of the design process: research, prototyping, and aesthetics
- You have a solid understanding of the various design patterns and technological constraints of iOS, Android and web platforms
- Tenacity and willingness to iterate on your work based on learnings and interactions with our users
- You are a pro in Sketch, Adobe CS, wireframing and other prototyping tools
- Understanding of basic programming concepts
- You are a master communicator and you enjoy working and mentoring a small team
- A passion for classical music is a big plus
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER
- You have a crucial role in an experienced, international team with diverse backgrounds and a long history in both classical music and digital products
- High impact – we don’t waste time with unnecessary process or politics
- Invest your time and energy into a meaningful and beautiful product that improves the lives of people
- Positive and purpose-driven working atmosphere in our office in Berlin Kreuzberg
- We value long-lasting relationships – we make sure you get to develop and grow within your role.
- Competitive salary, a Steinway Model D piano in the office and yes, good coffee too