Lead Visual Designer // Babbel
We are looking for a Lead Visual Designer for our Team in Berlin!
Beat, Babbel’s Creative Services Team, is seeking an experienced Visual Design Team Lead who will lead the creative charge for our marketing department. Your role will be to collaborate with the Art Director and designers to concept and deliver creatives, across multiple touch points with a focus on performance-based marketing channels (such as CRM, Display/SEM). You will also be responsible for providing guidance and leadership to a team of designers in order to achieve planned results. If you would love the opportunity to have an immediate impact on shaping the future of marketing here at Babbel, then this is the role for you.
- A creative and passionate designer, who loves to develop cool concepts but understand business and marketing values.
- An energetic and pragmatic leader, who loves to empower others, collaborate and is open to feedback and ideas.
- You can say no to things, but you will provide another solution.
- 5+ years work experience in related field of brand and marketing as a designer, backed by a strong portfolio of work that demonstrates your arsenal.
- Great people skills to inspire and challenge the creative team.
- Strong experience in performance channels (particularly Social, CRM).
- Hands-on experience in leading and managing a team.
- A killer eye and attention to detail.
- An excellent command of English, both written and spoken.
- A get things done, with a go-getter attitude and a hands-on mentality.
- A top-notch knowledge and hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
Nice to have:
- Experience in UI/UX design.
- Design creative marketing solutions for brand and performance channels.
- Consistently deliver and improve creatives across all channels (Social, CRM, Display/SEM etc).
- Have the ownership of the marketing creatives with the channel managers.
- Be a brand guardian and ensuring visual and tonal consistency.
- Set the team up for success with support from the Art Director and Production Manager.
- Provide guidance and leadership to a team of designers in order to achieve planned results.
- Ability to present your ideas, thought process in a structured manner.
- Help promote/share design thinking and practices within the team.
- Identify problems and provide creative solutions and options.
- A steep learning-curve – personally and professionally.
- A challenging environment and a lot of responsibility to prove your skills.
- A lively startup atmosphere with friendly working hours.
- A vibrant international company with people from over 42 different nationalities
- Great company benefits (30 vacation days, high-end company bike, fresh fruit & drinks)