Motion Designer (m/f) // Blinkist
This ad goes out to all those who want to find a purpose in what they’re doing and take accountability for their work.
At Blinkist, we’ve created a meaningful product that is growing fast. Our blinks – key insights from the world’s best nonfiction – help more than 3 million people around the globe to keep learning new, exciting things each and every day.
In 2017, our app received the World Summit Award, granted by the United Nations, in the Learning & Education category, as well as a Google Material Design Award for Brand Expressiveness.
Why do we need you?
Our video team needs an in-house motion designer to allow us to quickly iterate on videos and animations with fast turnaround times. You will create eye-catching graphics and animations for our videos along with standalone animated videos. You will also assist during daily video shoots in all areas of production (lighting, camera, sound).
As our Motion Designer, you will:
- Create eye-catching motion graphics
- Assist the video team during video productions: sound, lighting, camera
- Collaborate with design team to create standalone animations
- Collaborate with video team to ideate and concept new and original videos and animations
To do this, we believe you should have:
- 2-3 years experience minimum as a motion designer with an understanding and/or background in filmmaking
- Adobe Suite is a must
- Full comprehension of After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop and basic Premiere Pro skills
- Basic filmmaking skills to assist during shoots: camera, lighting, sound
- [Bonus] Cinema 4D experience
- [Bonus] Compositing skills
What’s in it for you?
At Blinkist, we offer a fantastic workplace in the heart of Berlin-Neukölln including all the benefits you’d expect – from a personalized perk system to free drinks, fresh fruit, and furious foosball fights, plus the nicest, smartest bunch of coworkers. Add a competitive salary, a personal development budget of 1,500€ per year, flexible working hours, and a meaningful product on the rise, and you have a first impression of why Blinkist is a great place to work.
We got rid of classical management hierarchies and, instead, distributed authority among all colleagues. We foster a unique company culture championing self-empowerment, personal development, direct communication and mutual support. Not only do we want you to grow into the role of Motion Designer, but we want this role to grow with you.
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to be part of a rapidly-growing, popular and valuable product, apply now and let us know why you’re the perfect fit for the job!
Important note: please share your portfolio with your application.