Product Designer // 8fit
Product designer at 8fit
We all care deeply about the work we do, and the tools we use. We try and create an environment that allows for personal & professional growth.
We believe culture is not a list of items. It’s the people you work with, but here are a few of the ideas we feel strongly about.
Venture outside your comfort zone — Ask questions. Be critical. Suggest ways of improving internal process. Be humble, admit mistakes readily, and never stop learning.
Take ownership — The more freedom and responsibility people have, the less management is needed. Do your own research, talk with others on the team and don’t let anything stand between you and the results you want.
Great communication — The ability to exchange ideas efficiently is an important part of your skillset.
Bias towards action — Assume your first iteration will need improvement. The sooner you launch the sooner you can improve. Instead of speculating come back next week with real data.
- A strong knowledge of mobile product design is what you’d need for this role.
- You have experience participating in the complete product development lifecycle of react native mobile applications.
- You effectively collaborate with Product Manager, Engineers and other stakeholders to define design vision .
- You drive your design through the entire product cycle, through user research, develop insights, sketch, prototype, usability study to final spec delivery.
- You can rapidly develop site maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups and specs. You own the entire design process.
- Ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Contribute to pattern library, motion graphic & style guide development.
What it’s like to work at 8fit
We’ve got a lovely office in Kreuzberg, right in front of the canal. It’s quiet, bright, and well stocked with healthy snacks.
Every Friday we get together for a lunch. We endorse healthy life choices to millions of people, and we stick to them ourselves. But don’t just take my word for it. You’re welcome to drop by and meet the team.
We love Berlin, but we don’t love the cold. That’s why every year we escape for a month with the whole team to some tropical destination. Last year we went to Koh Lanta. You should have seen my sun tan. It was to die for.
We like to work hard, but we believe in balance. Our office hours are quite flexible, ensuring everyone has plenty of time to exercise and enjoy life.
Read more: http://8fit.com/about/
Include in your application:
A short description about yourself. What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Don’t send a generic cover letter. We’d rather hear about you in a short intro email
Link to online portfolio. Additional: dribble, behance, etc.
Work history (CV, linkedin, or description)
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →