Product Designer – UI/UX (m/f) // SumUp
What we’re looking for:
To us, Product Designer means you are comfortable with designing interfaces from both UX and UI perspective. As part of the design team, you will be in charge of turning new features for our mobile and web applications from concept into reality and continuously improve the interface. You’ll shape some of the core experiences of our merchants: from their first impression on our website to the web-based features that make them loyal to our platform.
You’ll fit in perfectly to our team if:
- You not only know how to make things beautiful but also know how to speak the language of the user.
- You’re passionate about the complete design process, from the technical architecture to the final interface.
- You think about the entire experience of users rather than a single screen in isolation.
- You care about delivering a consistent experience and visual language across all platforms.
- You’re not only interested in input from developers, marketers, and users, but you’re able to ask the right questions, give feedback and critique your own solutions.
- By validating your assumptions with proper user research and usability testing, you make sure you’re addressing the right problems the right way.
- You like working on a product from start to finish, and iterate until an excellent and solid feature can be shipped.
- You have a strong portfolio that demonstrates a well-structured, iterative design process for turning an idea into a creative and unique design.
- You have 3+ years experience as a UX & UI Designer
- You know the common design tools and services (we mainly use Sketch)
- Your excellent communication and presentation skills will help you collaborate with team members from a wide range of countries and cultures
- You have experience in working in an agile environment and the ability to adapt quickly to changing product priorities
- Knowledge of frontend technologies (e.g., CSS, HTML, JS), experience with prototyping tools or motion design is a plus
- You are comfortable in English. German is a bonus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.
- We’d be happy to receive your application including your resume, cover letter, and portfolio that demonstrates your experience.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →