Product Designer // Zattoo
Zattoo is Europe’s first and leading provider of Live TV over the internet. Since our start in 2006, we’ve delighted more than 17 million registered users by showing them a huge selection of sporting events, movies and TV series on their favorite devices. We strive to satisfy existing users and attract new users by making our product better and our business stronger every day.
Since 2012, Zattoo also offers B2B TV Solutions successfully. As a technology partner, Zattoo delivers TV and VOD solutions to cable network operators, FTTH providers, Internet service providers, and telecom companies. Our portfolio ranges from back-end services (ingest, encoding, and transcoding, DRM, streaming) to fully hosted and fully managed end-to-end White Label solutions for first screen IPTV and second screen mobile/web TV.
We’ve built a truly world class team of 80+ men and women who make that happen together. We’re all different, but as a team we share values and goals. We welcome competition and constantly outperform. We do this by having fun while focusing on long term success. We’re now looking for new team members who are also truly outstanding, have proven that in the past and will showcase it during our thorough interview process.
As Product Designer, you will join Zattoo’s experienced Product and Design team located in Berlin. This team is responsible for defining and designing Zattoo’s products and services while creating fun, usable entertainment products for live television and on demand video across web, mobile, and connected TV platforms. We are looking for someone with passion for TV and video, a great sense of design and usability and the talent to create world-class UI solutions.
- Design multi-platform media streaming apps and features that our users love
- Evolve Zattoo’s visual appearance by iterating and extending our cross platform style guides
- Contribute ideas and collaborate as part of a small, multi-discipline team to build and design outstanding new products and features
- Work with the engineering teams to design and build the best possible experience on each platform
- Learn from user evaluations of the product and service to identify issues and improve clarity of visual communication
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes while understanding when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail and when to deliver fast and solid results
- Take full ownership of your work and responsibility for everything you deliver
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience as a Product, UI or Visual Designer
- Mastery of standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision/Marvel, etc.)
- Exceptional visual and interaction design skills; general understanding of UX principles
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating strong digital visual design skills, including examples of designs at various stages of the development process
- Ability to iterate designs quickly and switch between different projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work in a data-driven, user-centric development environment, where designs are iterated and improved upon by the team
- Strong prototyping skills at various levels of fidelity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (ability to effectively sell an idea)
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Fluency in verbal and written English
- Experience with big screen, mobile and responsive design
- Familiarity with integrating Atomic design systems and pattern libraries e.g. patternlab.io
- Familiarity with HTML5/CSS3
- Experience with designing rich media applications
- Experience in Agile software practices
- Degree in Visual/UI/Interaction design, HCI, or equivalent experience
- Fluency in German
Berlin, Germany. Some travel may be required.
If you are interested, please contact me directly, email@example.com. Applications may be submitted in English and/or German. Please include your earliest start date as well as salary expectation.
Please note that applications without design portfolio can not be considered, so we ask you to attach your portfolio or to provide a link.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →