Product Lead // Groots
Groots builds a future in which people and communities own their digital selves and are participating in the data economy on equal terms. We offer our data collection service for private and public companies, sourcing grass-roots expertise and metrics in emerging markets. Groots provides instant, primary and cheap information in a reliable and sustainable way, unlike current solutions, which are missing this symbiotic approach and struggle with user fatigue. We are rewarding those who have field expertise and first-hand information. Groots is currently growing within the entrepreneurship biosphere at GIZ, the German development agency. This gives us access to an extensive network of colleagues in more than 130 countries worldwide.
The diverse crew behind Groots are global citizens and builders at heart. We are in an early stage start-up situation, constantly iterating and finding new approaches to our mission. Groots has performed extensive user research and developed products for our first clients in Asia. Now we’re about to bring our swarm-based service to new regions (Africa, Middle East) and new applications cases (e.g. data collection in refugee communities) which poses a series of new challenges to our core product.
In this situation, we are looking for a Product Lead who will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from shaping the next strategic decision to testing prototypes in our markets. You utilize your full range of swarm engagement, product design and interaction design skills, and you will shape the experience of the main Groots product. This position is for a short-term consultant until the end of 2018 but with the perspective for a full-time employment, preferably in Berlin/Bangkok. International business trips are part of the assignment.
- Use your professional experience to advise on our main product design decisions, esp. on how to engage regional and eventually global swarms
- Implement field research to prepare a sound knowledge basis for digital product design decisions
- Implement split tests and refine our user engagement approach
- Design simple and elegant flows and experiences
- Partner with the team to oversee the user experience of a product
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy and vision
- 4+ years of swarm / user engagement experience
- 4+ years of interaction design
- 2+ years responsibility for tech product design
- Experience in designing for diverse groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.)
- URL featuring portfolio of interaction design work
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design
We hope to have you join our team very soon. Please send your CV and short motivation letter to email@example.com