Senior IX/UX Designer, Product (f/m/d) // Blacklane
The Senior IX/UX Designer will play a key role in assessing, researching, prioritizing and creating new UX design systems that works across channels and products.
- You will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to inform design and development priorities.
- You will work with your talented research and design colleagues to ensure all of our products are complementary and work well together for all of our end users. You will learn the ins and outs of how our consumer, supplier and internal products interact. You are a holistic thinker who understands when changes are made in one product, the others must be positively affected.
- You will participate in user research including usability tests and contextual, qualitative studies to get first-hand experience of how our users think and act.
- You will help drive design team process improvements as our team and product portfolio grows.
- We’re looking for a T-shaped designer with deep skills in discovery, workflows and UX with 5+ years designing user experiences for consumer and enterprise products. You love to ask questions. A mix of mobile/responsive web and app work is desired. Experience working with multiple agile teams is a big plus.
- You enjoy taking ownership of a topic, bringing good ideas to life, and guiding them through to ship. You can prioritize and adjust to the realities of limited time and resources.
- You work across functional teams to understand the problem and needs of both the business and our users. You can facilitate discussions to define the user journeys through a service from start to finish. You’re able to respectfully challenge assumptions, give feedback, and build consensus. You value a healthy design feedback culture and are enthusiastic about building it throughout the company.
- You can set an agenda for an organization, improve processes inside and between teams, and build momentum.
- You are an expert with Sketch. You are familiar with industry prototyping tools, Zeplin, and JIRA but expect to be learning new tools regularly.
- Hands-on user research experience is a big plus.
- Background in visual or motion design a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Behavioral Psychology or similar preferred – but anyone with a strong portfolio is encouraged to apply.
MORE THAN A JOB:
- Blacklane works in the rapidly changing mobility and travel sectors. It’s an interesting, complex problem space with people on the move: those providing services in vehicles and airports all over the world, and those using that service. It’s a rich and fun field for problem solving, with diverse user groups and many design touchpoints.
- Freedom and responsibility to own UX solutions and processes and the support to grow your career in the direction you want to move toward.
- You will become part of a unique international and professional team, that is characterized by flat hierarchies, a family-like atmosphere, flexible working hours and an open feedback culture.
- You will have the tremendous opportunity to grow with us and develop your skills, supported by our talent training team.
- You will work in a modern office with a variety of fresh fruits and drinks, regular company and team events and a lot of fun games.
Please share a strong portfolio that demonstrates process and breadth, and the ability to turn ideas into a compelling solution. Show us the flows, storyboards, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes that became a product.