(Senior/Lead) Product Designer (m/f) // Fliit
Fliit – The operating system for last-mile delivery
We are a young and diverse team with years of industry experience, founded with the ambition to disrupt the logistics industry in Europe and globally. At fliit we use technology to optimize and implement logistics solutions for well-established food industry players, ensuring high-quality service and peace of mind for local transport legs. We are a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and operational experts working closely together to create user-centric solutions and experiences that the will benefit the entire ecosystem.
We offer a big vision that we look forward to sharing with you. By joining the fliit team, you have the opportunity to craft products and services from scratch and be part of a cooperative environment where you can communicate fearlessly — every opinion counts here. We will ensure that your contributions are meaningful enough so that you can always feel good about the positive impact you will deliver to our customers.
Are you an empathetic problem-solver who loves crafting beautiful and functional experiences? We’re looking for someone who enjoys working collaboratively across the entire product design process, understands how to align design direction to business strategy, displays a keen understanding of systems thinking and interest in technology, and aspires to learn and grow every single day on the job.
As fliit’s first designer, you will be responsible for implementing a design system for our fledgling platform, as well as leading all aspects of the product design process, all the way from sketching concepts through to delivering well-considered intrfaces. In this role, you have the opportunity to leave a big footprint and take part in shaping fliit’s product vision. You will report directly to the CPO and work closely with Engineering and Operations counterparts to design experiences for shippers, carriers, and operations professionals.
Role & responsibilities:
- Own fliit’s end-to-end design process; consider user needs, business strategy, and relevant tech or logistics constraints when crafting experiences for internal and external users
- Explore and communicate design concepts through artefacts including: sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and specs
- Foster an inclusive design approach by facilitating workshops or discussions to promote the communication of ideas; pair with operations and engineering team members during concepting and execution
Our perfect match:
- You love functional systems. Your favorite experiences are simple, intuitive, and help users get sh!$ done.
- You have a curious spirit. You are obsessed with finding out how and why things work. You have a passion for understanding people, their motivations, and creating behavioral change.
- You are a pragmatic solutioner. You understand how to transform user needs, strategy, and vision into practical product design.
- You have a point of view. You know how to influence and effectively champion what you believe is the right direction for the product and the company.
- You bring people on the journey. You’re an expert at communicating design concepts to non-designers and working closely with colleagues from other disciplines.
- 5+ years experience as product designer in a customer-focused, high-performance environment
- Online portfolio with recent examples of user-centric design, platform experience preferred
- Experience establishing product design workflows and design systems
- Experience exploring, visualizing and prototyping design ideas at varying levels of fidelity to share and validate ideas
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluency in English required
- A university degree in interaction design, industrial / service / visual / graphic design, or similar field related to cognition, perception and user behavior
- Experience with design thinking, agile and lean UX methods
- Experience with information design, visual hierarchy, readability, accessibility, content strategy, copywriting and data visualization
- A tools-agnostic mindset, focused on outcomes not outputs
- Knowledge of front-end engineering practices
- Desire to keep up with the latest in design, technology and ways of working
What do we offer:
We offer a big vision that we look forward to share with you in the interviews;
the possibility to craft and build products from scratch and help us to define the best technology for the job; be part of a cooperative environment where you can communicate fearlessly because every opinion counts. We will always make sure that your contributions are meaningful enough so you will always feel good about the positive impact you will deliver to our customers.