UI/UX Designer // Small Improvements
We provide 700 companies worldwide with an internal feedback platform: Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitch and many more use Small Improvements company-wide — from the intern to the CEO.
We’re now looking for a UI/UX Designer to take our SAAS application to the next level!
Who we are
We’re a team of 20 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
What you’ll do
We’re constantly reworking existing functionality and building new features. Join our team of 12 developers & designers and help us make our product truly world class. The job combines two major aspects: Building the right features, and building the features right.
- Ensure the product looks slick and simple
- Make interactions and flows work like a breeze
- Display the right amount of detail at the right time
- Ensure screens are efficient and self-explanatory
- Make end users rave about our UI to their friends
- Ensure the product is slick and simple :)
- Work with PM to gather requirements and personas
- Contribute during planning meetings and define the MVP
- Sketch wireframes, create clickable mockups, or code initial prototypes
- Validate assumptions by conducting user tests
- Guide the frontend-developers
Beyond feature work, you’ll contribute to our styleguide, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, and you’re available for developers’ ad-hoc questions. Learn more about our design team’s process here.
Who we’re looking for
- You have at least 3 (ideally more) years of experience designing complex products, and you’ve worked on at least 2 different products
- You pay attention to detail
- You understand that great design relies both on measuring and on gut-feeling
- You balance your desire for perfection with a knack for shipping
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first
- You have start-up experience, and ideally SAAS experience too
- You have basic HTML and CSS skills: You can work with existing code and make adjustments on your own
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our new office between S Hackescher Markt and U8 Weinmeisterstrasse is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum.
There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →