SENIOR PRODUCT ( UX / UI ) DESIGNER // K.lab Berlin
We are looking for someone who is passionate about developing strategies based on customer insights and has the skills to turns them into meaningful and beautiful experiences and intuitive interfaces. As a Product Designer, you will inspire the team by showing/prototyping what is possible before it is built. Above all, your work will affect the way how teachers prepare their classes.
What would you do in this role?
- Help ideate and create conceptual ideas that fit our business goals
- Turn conceptual ideas into intuitive and elegant user flows/interfaces that will excite our customers and make their life easier
- Be part of a user-centric and data-driven cross-functional team of engineers and product managers to develop the experience of a feature from conception to launch
- Partner with Data Analysts / User Researchers / member support (customer care) team to understand user behaviour and guide / validate your design decisions
- Have an impact on developing and improving our product experience
Who are we looking for?
- You have a portfolio of work demonstrating your approach to problem-solving and UX/UI skills
- You understand that design is not only about how something looks but also how it behaves and the problem it solves for the user and the business
- You have a track record of iterative design, working closely with users, peers, product owners and engineers from inception until implementation
- You have excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present design concepts clearly and persuasively
- You can make a case for why we should design things one way or another, rather than basing those decisions on a hunch
- You understand the value of giving and receiving constructive feedback within your team
- You are able to and want to implement a great design process within the team (from researchers, benchmarking, ideation, wireframing, user testing, UI design, handoff to devs till QA implementing design)
- You design with several platform types in mind (desktop/tablet/mobile)
- You are independent: you know how to manage your own time and you are open about your wishes and your struggles (both are welcome)
- You are fluent in English
- You speak, read and write German at level B2
If this sounds appealing to you, we invite you to apply for the role of Senior Product (UI/UX) Designer! Enclose your resume and your portfolio so we can learn more about you.
K.lab is a leading EdTech company based in Berlin. We are building scalable content-delivery platforms for the quickly changing education sector. Our team is passionate about our company goals. We are a diverse and international team that welcomes innovative ideas and we strive to create a truly inspiring work environment that helps our employees thrive while creating real value for our users. We move fast. Together, we strive for better education.