Senior UI Designer (f/m) for Atfarm // Yara Digital Labs
Atfarm (www.at.farm) is on a mission to feed the world in a more sustainable way. We’re starting by making precision farming available to every farmer by combining the latest in satellite imaging with sophisticated algorithms built on decades worth of experience in agronomy (the science of crops). At our core, we help farmers increase their harvest yield whilst using fertiliser more accurately and sustainably.
Atfarm is a new startup venture by Yara International, a leading provider of crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries. With Atfarm you will have the culture and pace of a startup with serious backing and support from Yara International.
We recently launched in France and Germany. We are rapidly gaining traction and growing our team to accelerate product development, and expanding to new markets. This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of agriculture.
As the Atfarm Senior UI Designer you will:
- Assess, research, prioritise and create new UI designs that works across different devices and platforms.
- Conceptualise original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design challenges: you craft how people will interact with our products and services and can scale these across multiple platforms.
- Work closely with the rest of the design team to build and maintain our design system and its implementation across our product portfolio.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define the product UI experience, and execute all visual design stages to final hand-off to engineering.
- Champion a consistent brand and visual identity across the entire product and across other communications like marketing and sales.
As a person you are:
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- You have at least 5 years of professional working experience in interaction- or visual design, in a product or service design context.
- You have worked on web and mobile products, that are part of larger ecosystems and accessible across multiple platforms.
- Can articulate design decisions and trade-offs to other team members.
- Values and results driven.
- Take ownership, self-organised, self-reliant.
- Collaborative team-player and thrive on self-improvement.
- Keen on working within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous.
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner.
- Experience in working in Agile frameworks like Scrum and Kanban.
- Bonus: Experience in brand identity and brand strategy.
- Bonus: Experience in strategic foresight or trend analysis.
- Bonus: Experience in digital marketing or marketing strategy.
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- Directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited work contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours, working from home/remote option + 30 days of vacation!
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- Participation in in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- A choice your own preferred hardware (CYOD)
As a global organization we actively strive to reflect the diversity in society. We therefore encourage all qualified applicants from all background to apply, and are committed to creating a work environment that fits gender equality and allows combining career progress with the needs of a family or other personal circumstances.