Senior UX Designer (f/m) // Atfarm
Atfarm (www.at.farm) is on a mission to feed the world in a more sustainable way. We’re starting by making precision farming available to every farmer by combining the latest in satellite imaging with sophisticated algorithms built on decades worth of experience in agronomy (the science of crops). At our core, we help farmers increase their harvest yield whilst using fertiliser more accurately and sustainably.
Atfarm is a new startup venture by Yara International, a leading provider of crop nutrition products, solutions and knowledge to 20 million farmers across 160 countries. With Atfarm you will have the culture and pace of a startup with serious backing and support from Yara International.
We recently launched in France and German. We are rapidly gaining traction and growing our team to accelerate product development, and expanding to new markets. This is your chance to join an exciting, high growth venture and help shape the future of agriculture.
As a Senior UX Designer at Atfarm you will:
- Play a key role in assessing, researching, prioritizing and creating new UX design systems that works across channels and products
- Lead and participate in user research including usability tests and contextual, qualitative studies to get first-hand experience of how our users think and act
- Champion the voice of the user and continuously fight for simplicity and a delightful product experience
- Collaborate closely with product managers and engineers to see through your designs to implementation
- Communicate the product’s vision and articulate design decisions and trade-offs to partners and clients, both verbally and visually
- Own user research across multiple countries, using remote agencies/freelancers
As a person you are:
- Collaborative and thrive on self-improvement
- Values and results driven
- Open to constructive feedback, both giving and receiving, in a clear and respectful manner
- Ready to make an impact, take ownership and you execute with conviction.
- Proactive and constructive even if things get ambiguous
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates the ability to turn a requirement into a compelling user interface. Show us the flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes that became a likeable product.
- You’re data driven and design interfaces using agile development methodologies
- You can explain design rationale in person, visually and in written format, and you can present your designs to different levels of the organisation.
- You work across functional teams to understand the problem and needs of both the business and our users, with the aim of achieving relevant KPIs.
- You quickly shift to the right tools for the problem at hand – storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, and interactive prototying as necessary.
- High level of empathy and an ability to think strategically and creatively
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- 3+ years of experience designing software interfaces
- A degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Behavioural Psychology or similar preferred
- An opportunity to shape a startup in its early stage
- Directly impact on products that provide real value to farmers and industries based on an honest business model
- Work on sustainable solutions that benefit humankind and the environment
- Very competitive remuneration and an unlimited working contract
- Visa and relocation support for a smooth transition to work and live in Berlin
- A flexible yet stable environment in the newly founded digital unit of a global company
- Flexible working hours and support for part time working models
- Support for personal development, trainings, conferences and continuous learning
- Commitment to using new approaches, technologies and frameworks
- Participation in-house hackathons, meetups, and knowledge sharing
- A choice your own preferred hardware (CYOD)