Senior UX Designer (f/m) // Blacklane
March 9, 2018
- You will play a key role in assessing, researching, prioritizing and creating new UX design systems that works across channels and products.
- You will work closely with the product, engineering, and marketing teams to inform design and development priorities.
- You will work with your talented research and design colleagues to ensure all of our products are complementary and work well together for all of our end users. You will learn the ins and outs of how our consumer, supplier and internal products interact. You are a holistic thinker who understands when changes are made in one product, the others must be positively affected.
- You will participate in user research including usability tests and contextual, qualitative studies to get first-hand experience of how our users think and act.
- You will help drive design team process improvements as our team and product portfolio grows.
- Blacklane works in the rapidly changing mobility and travel sectors. It’s an interesting, complex problem space with people on the move: those providing services in vehicles all over the world, and those using that service. It’s a rich and fun field for problem solving, with diverse user groups and many design touchpoints.
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates process and breadth, and the ability to turn ideas into a compelling solution. Show us the flows, sketches, wireframes, and prototypes that became a product.
- 5+ years designing user experiences for consumer and enterprise products. A mix of mobile/responsive web and app work is desired.
- Significant experience working within a product and development organization.
- You can explain design rationale in person and in written format, and can present to different levels of the organization.
- You enjoy taking ownership of a topic, bringing good ideas to life, and guiding them through to ship. You can prioritize and adjust to the realities of limited time and resources.
- You work across functional teams to understand the problem and needs of both the business and our users. You can facilitate discussions to define the user journeys through a service from start to finish. You’re able to respectfully challenge assumptions, give feedback, and build consensus.
- You value a healthy design feedback culture and are enthusiastic about building it throughout the company.
- You quickly shift to the right tools for the problem at hand – storyboarding, sketching, wireframing, and interactive prototyping as necessary.
- You can set an agenda for an organization, improve processes inside and between teams, and build momentum.
- You hold yourself to a high standard and help others reach the same level.
- Hands-on user research experience is a big plus.
- Experience with agile methodologies is a plus.
- Background in visual or motion design a plus.
- Fluency in English is required, other languages are a plus.
- A degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, HCI, Behavioral Psychology or similar preferred.
MORE THAN A JOB
- We provide training and support for your career development.
- We have supportive schedules:
- Work from home days.
- Flexible hours.
- We have a supportive environment:
- Customizable desk configuration.
- Collaborative spaces.
- Private space to utilize.
- Work on a team where your opinions are valued and listened to.
- Vouchers for free chauffeured rides!
- Regular self-organized team events.
- The usual office perks: soft drinks, coffee; beer and cocktails after work on Fridays.
- Relocating? We will support your relocation and other administrative issues.
Visit the company websiteBlacklane