Senior UX Researcher // GetYourGuide
GetYourGuide is busy revolutionizing the tours and activities space, fundamentally changing how people discover and book things to do in their destination. We come to work everyday because we are passionate about turning our customers’ trips into amazing experiences.
There is a huge opportunity to grow within the team and the wider business, as you’ll be of the firsts members of User Research. You’ll work directly with product design and management and help them make a great impact in traveler’s lives.
- Carry out evaluative research to optimise the experience of new and existing features and/or products
- Perform both generative and exploratory research to answer high level questions about user behaviour
- Communicate insights that inform business and product decisions
- Collaborate closely with designers, product managers, content strategists, analysts and engineers to identify research opportunities and determine the appropriate research method.
- Coach, and support your colleagues. Train and empower designers and Product Managers on evaluative research methods on a variety of devices, including mobile and desktop
- Create compelling and novel narratives about the people who use our products.
- Challenge the team in finding solutions for the right problems. Follow up to make sure insights are acted on. Spread insights out beyond the core stakeholders to fuel innovation.
- You have 5+ years’ experience in a similar position working in a digital product environment
- B.A/B.S. in human behavior related field (HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar)
- Experience working with product teams and/or designers to drive insights into product solutions
- Experience with all aspects of research, including study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting
- Knowledge of mixed methods with an emphasis on qualitative (lab-based and remote usability testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, interviews and field research) and quantitative research (surveys, analytics, event tracking)
- You are able to work independently and adapt research practices to meet the needs of a start-up environment (lean & results-driven)
- You communicate fluently in English and – ideally – at least one other European language.
- You have examples demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (e.g. study plans, metrics, reports)
The ideal candidate would also have:
- MA/MS in HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, Anthropology or similar
- Basic understanding of statistical concepts
- Experience partnering with data analysts/data scientists on research projects
- Experience in a digital products company, ideally e-commerce or travel
Reasons to join us:
- Open work environment where every voice is heard
- International team from all corners of the globe
- Room to develop professionally
- Regular learning events and team outings
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story
- GetYourGuide vouchers and free German lessons
- Relocation Assistance
Learn more about User Research on our blog. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.