Sr. User Experience Designer @ metr // metr
METR is developing an IoT-platform that enables connected use cases in the residential building industry. Our hardware and software solutions provide device connectivity, data collection and analysis and based on this, the development of new business cases for housing companies. Examples include sub-metering, smart locks, central heating optimisation, and predictive maintenance – everything that helps housing companies make their administrative processes more efficient. Our solutions support property managers in simplifying the complex management of residential buildings. Right now we are working on the world’s best IoT gateway for buildings.
We are looking for a Senior UX Designer to create a holistic user experience for METR’s IoT supported Submetering, Smart Packing, Smart Access and Technician’s Cockpit applications.
These will be your tasks:
- Translate uncertainty and ambiguity into actionable user-experience recommendations and ideas; ensure product design decisions are centered around human needs, based on research and observation
- Work in close collaboration with our CPO analysing and developing user scenarios personas, user journeys, and user stories, service blueprints, user flow diagrams
- Research and analyze industry strategies as well as competition and include them in the recommendations
- Observe users, develop quick, interactive, low-fidelity wireframes, prototypes, click dummies and test them
- Design for mobile, tablets or desktop applications following some of our internal design conventions
- Create informal architectures, flowcharts, wireframes and first prototypes for web and mobile apps
- Ideally, you will design the final versions of our web-app UI
You’re offering these qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in UX/UI design, preferably in early stage startups
- Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Industrial Design, Engineering or equivalent qualification. Practical experience in Design Thinking is a plus.
- User-centric approach, comfortable to test, to experiment and to observe users
- Worked on at least 3+ use cases taking full ownership of UX design and can showcase, designed for web as well as native applications (iOS/Android)
- Excellent knowledge prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge in design patterns (e.g material design) and grid-based page layouts, experienced with analytics-based graphics: you know when to use which graph types
- An entrepreneurial attitude, sense of responsibility and will to be a sparring partner to the product team
- Self-starter, flexible and enthusiastic about solving complex strategic problems
- Fluent in German
We’re offering these benefits:
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION and EU WORK VISA
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and your first steps in Germany.
Please always share your CV with us. It should consist of no more than 2 pages.
A cover letter and other documents are optional and should only be shared if they are relevant for the position or your specific situation.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!