Sr. User Experience Designer @ NBT // Next Big Thing AG
Next Big Thing AG is a Berlin-based IoT company builder offering a complete framework for the acceleration of IoT ventures. We are an operational VC, technology provider, and innovation partner made up of a strong team of business architects, tech experts, and experienced founders.
Fascinated by the potential of IoT? We are too. We gather the best and brightest minds across industries to collaborate on connected ideas for the future. As part of the German de:hub initiative, NBT is the center of gravity for all things IoT. We enable rapid prototyping, disruptive innovation, and entrepreneurship. In short, we support and promote all elements of the IoT-blockchain ecosystem to develop new companies.
Whether you’re looking to solder hardware, tackle key innovation challenges across industries, or lead a venture into a steady IoT future, you’ll find a home at NBT. Have a look at our current openings below and get in touch!
These will be your tasks:
At NBT we deliver cross-industry, IoT and Blockchain based solutions to our ventures – from public informational websites, to service-oriented backend dashboards, to end-user mobile applications.
As a Sr. User Experience Designer at NBT’s core Venture Development Team, you will be helping NBT’s growing ventures to simplify, streamline, and improve the usability of the applications their customers and clients use. You will be working with seasoned business leaders, engineers, product managers, and technology experts to deliver great digital experiences as part of the solutions for our ventures.
- Use your narration and storytelling skills to storyboard product ideas to concepts,
- Prepare and document user journeys, service blueprints, user flow diagrams, process flows etc to help in developing the concepts,
- Develop quick, interactive, low-fidelity wireframes and prototypes that explain your UX/UI designs, followed by high-fidelity designs for production execution,
- Design for mobile, tablets or desktop applications following some of our internal design conventions,
- Present and defend your design deliverables to product stakeholders and venture founders,
- Help the engineering team with product development by providing the appropriate design deliverables and specs,
- Help product managers by participating in the planning process (Agile or Waterfall) to provide scope and other specs,
- Contribute to the core of NBT’s design systems and culture in general.
You’re offering these qualifications:
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in UX/UI design,
- You have a proven track record, preferably shown with a portfolio, of working from concepts or prototypes to finished product,
- You have experience in designing for web as well as native applications (iOS/Android),
- You have demonstrated knowledge of best practices in typography, iconography, color theory, design patterns (e.g material design), grid-based page layouts and brand/identity design,
- You have excellent knowledge of contemporary design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision, Principle, Adobe Creative Suite etc.,
- You are comfortable with writing or understanding some HTML and CSS,
- You have experience with charts, graphs, and analytics-based graphics,
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills to articulate the messaging and content in your visual designs in a clear and understandable manner,
- You are experienced in working with Product Managers, Engineers, Content and Marketing Teams.
We’re offering these benefits:
A sweet deal
- Full-time unlimited contract
- Competitive salary
- 26 days of paid vacation
- Flexible working hours
- Free drinks & fruits
- Hardware of your choice
- Subsidized membership to a Berlin sports club with 450+ locations
- Take responsibility for your projects. No micromanagement.
- Work within a flat hierarchy among international team members from 21 countries
- Healthy working hours
- Access to Factory Community events: lectures, social events, networking, great restaurant and café, and a ball-pit!
Top notch lab access
- Unlimited access to a fully equipped R&D lab for fast prototyping through to minor production runs at post prototype stages. The lab covers 4 areas: Electronics, 3d printing, mechanical engineering and P&P machines for pcb manufacturing.
Work with the best
- Join an agile, cross-functional, dedicated team
- Collaborate with experienced founders and internationally established partners, ranging from the Fraunhofer Institute, GlobalFoundries, to Consensys.
We do not work with recruitment agencies.
RELOCATION & EU WORK VISA
We offer relocation assistance for this position regarding paperwork, visa and first steps in Germany.