UI Designer // Small Improvements
Who we are
We’re a team of 25 people on 3 continents and looking to grow. Our product is a feedback platform. Our clients’ staff use it to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.) It’s a user friendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend.
What you’ll do
We’re constantly improving our product and strengthening the visual identity of the Small Improvements brand. Join our team of 5 UI/UX designers and 12 developers and help us make our product and brand truly world-class.
The job combines two major aspects: designing UI’s for our website, and improving designs within our software application.
The Small Improvements website:
- Ensure the product looks slick and simple
- Visually represent the brand character through colour, imagery and text
- Display the right amount of detail at the right time
- Communicate features of the application in an enticing way
- Design pages that are equally useful on both mobile and desktop screens
- Assist in documenting and outlining the visual identity of the brand in our styleguide
The Small Improvements application:
- Work with the product team (and PMs) to conceptualise ideas
- Ensure the product is slick and simple
- Sketch wireframes, create clickable mockups, or code initial prototypes
- Work closely with the UI/UX Design team and consider how new designs relate to existing visual language used within the application
***Beyond feature work, you’ll contribute to our styleguide, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends, and you’ll be available for developers’ ad-hoc questions. As a Senior designer, you’ll provide new and innovative ideas to contribute to the team’s skillset.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.***
Who we’re looking for
- You have at at least 1-2 years of experience designing web applications, and you’ve worked on at least 2 different products
- You pay attention to detail
- You understand that great design relies both on measuring and on gut-feeling
- You balance your desire for perfection with a knack for shipping
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first
- You have start-up experience, and ideally SAAS experience too
- You have basic HTML and CSS skills: You can work with existing code and you can prototype in the browser if needed
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international: We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English.
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office between S Hackescher Markt and U8 Weinmeisterstrasse is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.