UI Designer // Small Improvements
We help employees grow and communicate better. Our feedback platform serves 700+ customers worldwide, including GoEuro, OpenTable, Marley Spoon and GetYourGuide. We’d love to hire a UI designer with a passion for design to help us re-imagine major parts of both our brand and product.
We’re a small but very international team of 30 people based in Hackescher Markt for most, and the US. Our customers use Small Improvements to give and receive feedback about their work, to set goals and objectives and to praise each other for a job well done. (We use it internally too of course.)
It’s a userfriendly product, enabled by a very configurable and complex backend. We’re constantly improving our product and strengthening the visual identity of the Small Improvements brand. Join the Design team of 6 (made up of 4 UI/UX developers, 1 UI designer and 1 UX designer) and work with the Product and Development teams to help us make our product truly world-class.
What you’ll do
As a Senior UI Designer, your focus will be on designing the UI for new features, improving current features and providing overall style updates throughout the app.
Additionally, you’ll stay up to date with broader trends and be available for ad-hoc questions from developers. As a Senior designer, you’ll provide new and innovative ideas to contribute to the team’s skillset.
To learn more about how we work, visit the Design Team’s page.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking specifically for a talented UI designer with experience in software applications. If you cannot show experience designing interfaces for software applications, or have only worked with landing pages, unfortunately we cannot accept your application.
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing complex web-based applications, and you’ve worked on at least 2 different software products.
- You pay attention to detail
- You understand that great design relies both on measuring and on gut-feeling
- You balance your desire for perfection with a knack for getting things shipped
- You’re pragmatic and push for the easy improvements first
- Coding skills are not required but and understanding would be helpful
- You share the company’s values
We’re serious about our open and tolerant company culture, and we value diversity. We’re looking for friendly and bright people who can develop and promote a great product without developing a huge ego.
More reasons to work at SI
- We’re international. We sell mainly to the US and to Australia, and all our written communication is in English. Also, our team counts 16 nationalities for 28 employees!
- We’re self-funded, transparent and profitable, and our customer base is growing.
- We frequently ship new features and focus on quality product rather than on aggressive sales.
- There are very few regular meetings, and processes are kept to a bare minimum. Need to improve some process? Just do it!
- You’ll participate in our Hackathons and ShipIt weeks, and you’ll contribute to our product blog and to our tech blog.
- Our office between S Hackescher Markt and U8 Weinmeisterstrasse is stylish yet cozy, and it has has plenty of doors to reduce distractions to a minimum.
- There are free snacks, fresh fruit, juices, tea and lemonades, you can make your own lattes with our amazing coffee machine, and we never run out of Club Mate.