UI/UX Designer (mobile app) – (m/f/t) // Quandoo
Quandoo is the fastest-growing real-time reservations platform for restaurants. As a technology-enabled marketplace, Quandoo equips its partner restaurants with an industry-leading reservation management system that digitalizes restaurant inventory and makes it accessible in real-time from the web and mobile channels. Restaurateurs can leverage the reach of Quandoo’s reservation platform to boost their customer base, drive utilization in low-traffic times and generate additional business on-demand.
Quandoo provides diners with the easiest way to explore the restaurant space and reserve a table at their restaurant of choice. With just a few clicks diners select from a wide range of local favorites to Michelin-starred gourmet restaurants. Having chosen a restaurant, diners receive instant confirmations on their reservations and benefit from loyalty points.
Quandoo was founded in 2012, with its headquarters in Berlin, Germany and international footprints in Western Europe, CEE, APAC, and the Nordics. With a dynamic, international team of 360 employees globally, our vision is to become the world’s leading marketplace for all dining experiences.
We are looking for a designer to help us make the next generation of interfaces for Quandoo products. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design and be able to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- Design great user interfaces together with user experiences while planning
and strategising for the direction of future iterations.
- Develop high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, prototypes for A/B testing
to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Evolve and maintain UI guidelines and contribute to the inception process of our Design System.
- Deliver work that’s not only user-friendly and aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results.
- Work within the multidisciplinary team including Product Owners, Developers, UX Designers to achieve visual excellence without sacrificing the user experience.
- Create clean, well-structured and easily understandable specification documentation to brief and support the development team.
- Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback.
- Contribute to user experience design and develop best practices and standards.
What you need to perform in your role:
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a user interface designer, interaction designer, experience designer or similar role.
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions.
- Experience designing across multiple mobile platforms, device types and contexts.
- Understanding of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app.
- Proficiency with mobile, web and accessibility standards.
- Communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Have experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process.
- A relentless customer focus.
- Fluent English.
- Work experience with booking or e-commerce platforms or experience
in UI/UX Design within a B2C Product environment.
- Basic working knowledge of animation tools.
What we offer:
A chance at a job in a rapidly growing international company, that calls you from day one and lets you grow. If you have the desire to participate with enthusiasm and ownership in the further expansion and development of one of Germany’s most successful internet business, then we are the right place for you! Of course we offer you much more:
- No boredom! Quandoo offers challenges and development every day
- A position that offers you tangible impact on the company’s success
- Budget for career development (Conferences, Workshops etc)
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team of engineers from all over the world
- Dynamic and friendly working atmosphere in a successful international team
If you’re interested please send your CV, a cover letter and your portfolio – we won’t review applications without portfolios.