UI/UX Web Designer Intern // Passion.io
You gained first experiences with web design and have the vision to change the future of learning. Your mission will be to improve our Software as as Service, Mobile Apps, and End Customer Marketplaces from a design, UX, and UI perspective to market the Passion.io learning experience to millions of people anytime, anywhere.
Next to designing our web and mobile apps, you will create inspiring and motivating brands and designs around our instructors which will also be a relevant part of the job. You will work in a cross-functional team of marketing, product, and tech to deliver high quality, outstandingly inspiring UX/UI.
You will directly report to our Product Owner, supported by the Lead Developer and be responsible for the UX/UI designs of all our products. Thus, you can also be creative and instantly execute the ideas you have.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate closely with our product, tech, and marketing team and other disciplines across the company to deliver elegant solutions to complex workflows
- Work with a Scrum Development team to implement and refine designs
- Collaborate with Product Management to define and implement creative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in cross-team discussions
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, prototypes, and high fidelity screens to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Be the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centred perspective
- Use research-related services, theories, and methods to support your recommendations
- Execute visual design stages from concept and development to release and maintenance
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Design and update other brand and marketing collateral including updates to our website, social content, print-based designs and other media
What you’ll bring to the team
- Demonstrable UI and UX design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, and InVision
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Clear and accessible communication skills, especially in presenting designs
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to work in team and pair/team design experiences
- Deep knowledge of a variety of UX methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to details and efficiency
- Analytical + Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- A Can-do Attitude and a craving for excellence and great work!
- Hard working attitude with an eagerness to learn and self-teach
- Passion for learning is a must!
What do we offer
- A challenging, self-motivated position in a rapidly growing education 2.0 company
- The opportunity for professional and personal development
- Fair and competitive compensation
- Access to all our business & lifestyle online courses so you can drastically advance your knowledge
- Open channels of communication, transparent and quick decision-making