User Experience Designer – Open Innovation // Mozilla
As a member of the team, you will collaborate with a group committed to enabling open collaboration and innovation across Mozilla. Our team is a newly formed team, working much like a small startup. We believe in making an impact over job descriptions and we all chip in when work needs doing.
You will be working closely with researchers and across all of Mozilla’s product and technology activities, identifying high-impact near term and longer-term strategic areas to improve the interfaces between the Mozilla Corp organization and external collaborators. You will then be working with the Participation Systems team in designing improved experiences, iterating from early conceptual designs ultimately to delivering the new experience in production.
You will work closely with Product Managers and Researchers and our passionate contributor community, applying your design expertise to deliver a better experience for the 1,000s of people who contribute and work with Mozilla every day.
- Provide support in identifying opportunities to improve existing services or to create a new services that better enable Mozilla’s open innovation practices
- Support improvements on existing services or the creation of new services that better enable Mozilla’s open innovation practices.
- Work as internal design lead on UX/UI for Open Innovation.
- Crafting wire-frames, user flows, and storyboards that guide the design of our products.
- Designing prototypes to test ideas and identify shortcomings.
- A passion for creating excellent services.
- Problem framing and solving skills.
- Strong portfolio of interaction design, with examples of both process and final product.
- Ability to rapidly generate, visualize and iterate design solutions in a collaborative, globally distributed environment.
- Skillset in end-to-end UX process; from research to final design.
- Prototyping experience, familiarity with prototype tools such as invision, balsamiq or other.
- Open Source design experience a plus.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online. Mozilla is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity throughout our recruiting and hiring process and is dedicated to growing diversity in our workplace.
*A portfolio is required with your application
*Location: North America or Europe (San Francisco, Mountain View, or Berlin preferred)
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →