USER RESEARCHER // WATTx
WATTx is shaping new industrial ecosystems. We do this as a venture builder that focuses on solving the challenges facing industrial players, who are looking for ways to harness new technologies and build new business strategies in the Age of Automation.
Now, we are looking for a friendly, well organized, inquisitive and independent User Researcher. As a part of WATTx UX team, you will be reaching out, organizing and conducting workshops, research, and testing sessions as well as presenting the outcomes to the WATTx team and our clients. Are you curious but pragmatic? Do you consider business needs and try to find solutions that satisfy both business and user goals? Do you have previous user research experience, ideally in the dynamic startup, consulting, or service industry environment? Are you looking to expand your industry knowledge and skills?
WHAT YOUR MISSION ENTAILS:
- Work closely with designers and engineers to identify future research topics
- Work with clients to identify research goals and methods
- Plan research studies that address user behaviors and pain points
- Recruit research participants
- Conduct research using a wide variety of qualitative methods and a subset of quantitative methods
- Generate insights that fuel ideation and filter designs
- Test design concepts and prototypes with people to validate product experiences and propositions and gather feedback through experimentation and iteration
- Communicate results in compelling ways by creating narratives and using storytelling techniques to deliver research findings and insights that generate shared empathy, emotion, and engagement from team members and clients
- Design workshops and coach internal and external team members on research techniques and methodologies and Design Thinking
TO START YOUR MISSION YOU WILL NEED:
- 3+ years working in the field of user experience, especially doing user research, ethnographic studies, etc.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Anthropology, Psychology or similar
- Solid understanding of HCI and Design Thinking principles
- Proficient in quantitative and qualitative research using dedicated tools
- Command of qualitative and user-centered design methods including, but not limited to, user acquisition, results interpretation and modeling, interviews, surveys, card sorting, usability studies, user flows, persona creation, user journeys
- Turning random thoughts into processed understandable results and suggestions
- Ability to synthesize, shape and present research findings into opportunities and insights in engaging and inspiring ways that will fuel design
- Ability to think critically, adapting the appropriate methods to specific development and ideation stages as well as design questions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment where speed and results must be balanced to meet project needs
- Proven experience influencing product design and direction based on customer needs. Be prepared to share examples of research that demonstrates this influence
- Great communication skills – Fluency in English and German is a must
WATTx is a new kind of company builder focused on creating deep technologies in the industrial and consumer Internet of things. We are a full-stack team: hardware and software engineers, data scientists, user experience researchers and designers, venture developers, and strategists. Our cross-functional project teams take a user-centric approach to identifying opportunity areas in particular research areas that inform ideation sessions. Solutions that evolve from these sessions are quickly prototyped and vetted as pilots with clients, investors, and potential partners. Dedicated to lean development and a sprint spirit, we expect research kick-off to venture spin-out to take a matter of a few months.