UX Designer (Blockchain Startup) // Rlay
At Rlay, you will take part in transforming the way we exchange information. We are building an open economy where information can be proven and verified for correctness by anyone in the world. We’re a globally distributed team with headquarters in Berlin.
We’re passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology’s potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
Rlay protocol will serve as the rails upon which DAPP users can introduce real-world information into their smart contracts, and in doing so, we need to build developer and growth-focused tools that are delightful to use.
- We are a highly technical team, including the founders
- Almost all the work we do is open-source, free-to-use
- We are addressing a unique problem of information asymmetry and epistemology that is at heart of finance, society, and commerce
As a UX/UI Designer at Rlay you will be able to work on a wide variety of different applications, from developing documentation and website layout, to designing novel interfaces for machine and human information representation and taking our Open Source processes to higher standards, while applying and refining a consistent brand and design guide that you will develop in collaboration with some of Europe’s best web designers and brand strategists.
You will be able to take a projects from their initial prototypes to test their viability to fully fleshed out applications that will hopefully impact millions of people in the future.
You will join a team of experienced developers, designers, and brand strategists, that cares about the quality of their work, their documentation, and the user’s experience.
- Coordinate and Collaborate with product management, engineering, branding, and outside Open Source community to build innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience
- Develop interaction models, wireframes, and prototypes
- Evaluate success of solutions via concepts, usability tests, and gathering feedback
- Coordinate and collaborate with web designers and brand strategist to develop coherent design applications and user experiences
- Participate in the development of design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Discuss design ideas and prototypes with developers
- Stay informed about competitor products and industry trends
- 5+ years’ experience of working as a UX Designer, UI Designer or other relevant position
- Significant experience with design software and a solid portfolio of design projects
- Excellent knowledge of interaction design and information architecture
- Experience in project management and research is a plus
- Significant experience with working in an Open Source community is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with business-oriented approach
- Strong communication skills
- Previous experience in the blockchain space is a plus
- If Remote: Previous experience working remotely
- Working on a reputable open-source project
- Compensation above market-average
- Additional compensation in RLAY tokens (negotiable)
- Great office conveniently located at Potsdamer Platz
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it)
- Flexible working hours
Rlay is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, or disability status.