UX Designer // flyiin
– Our sprint teams are organised as multi-disciplinary ‘crews’. Within your crew, you will team up with a Visual/UI designer, a Frontend Developer, a Backend Developer and an Agile Coach with the goal to constantly improve the UX and the overall design of our product, based on a user-centric and sprint-based approach.
– You will define and improve the user experience in your product area (e.g. search, booking, etc.) for both our web-based and mobile products. Because our product is our brand, you will play an essential role in making flyiin the champion brand for online flight search and booking.
– You will define the required user research processes for user surveys observations, usability and A/B tests, and work closely with the Visual/UI Designer to conduct user research and collect, evaluate and document user feedback, which will serve as inputs to our design sprints. You will transform your insights into ideas and sketches.
– You will create personas and put together user and customer journeys, process flows, wireframes, and document them as guidelines and UX principles for your and other crews. You will also help the Product Owner to manage the backlog items for your product area.
– You are a team player. You will present and communicate your vision, your UX design work and its rationale to the members of your crew, and work closely with them with the goal to foster the sharing of ideas, learning and design principles within your crew.
WHAT MAKES YOU THE RIGHT CANDIDATE
If you have…
- 3+ years experience in building user experiences for web and mobile
- Proven experience in designing online marketplaces and e-commerce products
- A solid understanding of fundamental principles of UX/UI design
- Expertise in UX design and prototyping tools: Sketch, Axure, Invision, Lucid Chart
- Experience with communication and project management tools: Google for Business, Slack, Trello etc.
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong empathic, analytical and organisational skills
- Good communication (both written and verbal) skills
- Solid knowledge of English (English is the company’s official language)
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
- … and a strong sense of empathy in order to best understand our users
If you are excited about…
- Travel, and most specifically air travel
- Figuring out the best possible design solution to a particular user issue
- Working with people from different parts of the world
- Contributing to developing a company’s culture and dynamics
- Being part of something big that has the potential to transform a whole industry
If as a person, you appreciate…
- Highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary teams
- Systematic feedback and knowledge sharing
- “Bullshit-free”, lean and focused organisations
- Hands-on, day-to-day work
HOW CAN YOU STAND OUT?
You’ll reach the top of the list if in addition to the above, you:
1- have already been in a similar role and helped build up a technology company from scratch
2- can demonstrate a high level of self-reliance and a strong sense of initiative
3- passionate about digital products that are design-focused and user-centric
4- have an understanding of one or several of the following topics: data analytics, user research and testing, online customer service, machine learning
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU AT FLYIIN
1- The opportunity to join a company that will grow fast, and be at the origin of it
2- The chance to work very enthusiastic and experienced people who all share the strong desire to shake things up
3- The option to work remotely from home one day a week
4- Regular “Knowledge sessions” on topics such as online travel, airlines, technology or product
5- Your daily dose of coffee, fresh fruits, snacks… and our weekly beers and wine.
6- And finally, a competitive salary and an attractive office space in the heart of Berlin (Prenzlauer Berg)
… and more as our business and results grow.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
If this is a kind of adventure you would take part in, and the type of jobs that you’ve always been looking for, send us an email at email@example.com, and tell us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
When sending your application, please:
1- Mention the name of the position in the subject line
2- Highlight your salary expectations and availability
3- Provide a copy of your CV, portfolio and any other relevant information/links etc.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.