UX Designer // Kleiderkreisel
Kleiderkreisel/Vinted is a marketplace that connects people who sell, buy and swap second hand clothes. Available through iOS and Android apps as well as websites, we’re a community of 14 million members – the world’s largest style marketplace.
Our new UX designer will join Vinted’s Berlin team to create great user journeys for our members. Your goal will be communicating with them to evaluate how our product feels, what works and what doesn’t. With research in hand, you’ll use design thinking to suggest ways we could improve and give members an even more memorable selling and shopping experience.
Ideally, we’d like you to have proven experience in user-centric design. To succeed in this position, you’ll have to be open, flexible, and have outstanding communication skills. You’ll work in an international team, mainly between our HQ in Vilnius and the local office in Berlin, so an ability to collaborate with remote teams is essential.
In this position, the work you do will cover two areas:
- Validate ideas and assumptions by interacting with our members directly – interviews, focus groups and events. You’ll be in charge of organising them, so we hope you’re a hands-on and well-organised person with really sound judgement.
- Collaborate with our UX and product teams to source valuable user research based on product experience – evaluate its current state, identify opportunities and prove assumptions with members, then move to working with internal teams to make design decisions that improve user experience.
- Ensure that the user research process is effective and brings the expected results/data/insights.
- Convert user knowledge into meaningful product design concepts and executed parts.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary product teams and designers to launch your feature ideas to millions of our members worldwide.
- Partner with product teams to define problems and goals, map user flows, prototype interactions. Be a members’ ambassador (with critical judgement in mind) in every step and help product teams understand our users deeper, while balancing company goals with user needs.
- Proven experience (5+ years) of UX design at user-focused tech or media companies with examples of shipped products.
- Cross-platform design experience (iOS, Android, Web).
- Proven track record of working in multidisciplinary product teams (product managers and engineers).
- Lo-fi & hi-fi prototyping skills.
- Native German and excellent English with great oral and written communication skills in both.
- Ability to work in flexible startup environment, being team player, self-development and result-driven.
- Remote work experience and/or experience in international teams is a plus.
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
Our next chapter: Jobspotting joins SmartRecruiters
Today, we are embarking on a new chapter of Jobspotting as we join SmartRecruiters. We founded Jobspotting more than three years ago with the vision of making job search hassle-free, of inspiring professionals’ career ... Read more →
5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →