UX Designer // Mobisol
Mobisol is one of the world’s leading companies for Solar Home Systems with approximately 700 passionate employees, delivering a clean and affordable alternative to fossil fuels for low-income households (living without access to reliable energy). Our dedicated product line combines solar energy with innovative mobile technology and accessible microfinancing. Having successfully installed more than 65,000 solar home systems in Tanzania, Rwanda and Kenia, Mobisol is now moving into the business at a larger scale – thereby stimulating economic and social development in developing countries while simultaneously contributing to global environmental protection. Our commitment to quality, product innovation, and sustainable development makes us a highly inspiring community to work with.
To support our international growth we are looking for a
UX Designer (f/m)
Full time (part time is an option), indeterminate, as soon as possible
All information flows between Mobisol and our customers, systems and partners are managed by our software and connected to our back-end application. Our business processes on the ground in East Africa are supported and shaped by our in-house technologies. So in your role as UX Designer at Mobisol you will be contributing to applications that are core to our operations both in our Berlin headquarters and in East Africa, under sometimes challenging conditions.
Within a team of experienced and self-driven developers you will bring your visions of pragmatic and functional user-interfaces to our applications in order to deliver the best possible service and products to our rural customers in East Africa.
Together with our international Software Development Team you:
- shape our software for an emerging and exciting market – you join in the effort to develop highly complex business applications with stakeholders on different levels in different departments across all Mobisol sites
- transform business processes and data into appealing user interfaces & workflows – you develop and extend user interfaces and communication flows of mobile and web-based applications for customers and internal operations
- develop ideas – you prototype new interfaces & applications based on the needs of our internal and external customers, and with consideration of special conditions in our target markets
- know the way forward – you are experienced in pushing complex projects forward & know how to deal and communicate with different stakeholders
- get the job done – you gather feedback from relevant stakeholders, run design iterations, and know that any result is better than no result
- You are an UX designer with experience in development of frontend web and/or mobile applications and a proven track record
- You apply knowledge of user centered design methods
- You are experienced in leading software projects in agile software development teams (SCRUM and similar)
- You have intercultural experience and, if our dreams come true, you have already designed software for markets of the Global South, with basic infrastructure in terms of devices, networks and so on
- You are experienced with platform paradigms (Desktop, Android) and interaction design
- Any university degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Visual design, Media design or equivalent is fine for us
nice to have
- Swahili or German language skills of any degree
- You have the willingness to travel frequently to our East-African subsidiaries
- You have the passion for discovering, evaluating and implementing new technical solutions for Mobisol´s vision to plug in the world!
- Doing something meaningful – you´ll be part of an enterprise that brings real positive impact to ordinary people in East Africa
- Personal development – beside new experiences of developing in an international context with new technologies, we support you with possibilities for participation in Hackathons, developer conferences and classical trainings
- Benefit package – including company sponsored insurances, company sports, car-sharing arrangement etc.
- Be part of a great team of people – who combine professional expertise with individual passion
- Flat hierarchies and unusual ways to do things – your ideas and experiences are more than welcome
Important for us are your skills and your motivation, rather than certificates or university degrees. To let us know if you interested in working for Mobisol, email us at email@example.com with the subject line “UX Designer“. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Skalitzer Str. 85-86
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →