UX Researcher (m/f) // HomeToGo
You’ve reached HomeToGo. With over 11 million vacation rental offers in 200+ countries, we make finding and booking a rental easier than ever! Behind our rapidly evolving product is a talented team from all corners of the world. We are more than 150 employees dedicated to improving and simplifying the process of finding the perfect vacation rental, whether it’s a cozy cabin in Colorado or dog-friendly beach house in Ibiza.
… plays a key role in making HomeToGo’s products, services, and internal processes better by asking the right questions. Efficiency is valued over hours logged to prove a point. As the key stakeholder for all design-related questions, our collaboration with other teams at HomeToGo is essential, and makes our role as problem solvers easier- and more fun! Together, we will put each challenge through a defined design process and come away with measurable results.
We always strive for an open and ego-free work environment, with a focus on improving the product together as a team rather than as individuals. We’re confident in our work, impact, and results, so we don’t care about titles. Our mantra is to face reality as early as possible – sounds harsh, but questioning our own or co-workers’ assumptions is the starting point of our day-to-day work. We aim to understand and observe user behavior, dig into data, draw conclusions, and cautiously interpret findings in order to make the right decision for our design proposals.
Challenges we’re facing over the next 12 months
How can we
- Understand the mindset of our users, customers, and potential customers?
- Prove that there’s positive ROI in user research and measure its impact?
- Educate everyone in the company about how our users think and feel?
- Improve our in-house and remote usability testing?
- Understand and internally communicate the users’ point of view?
Here’s how you can help us
- Support us in defining our user research strategy.
- Create deliverables which help us to understand the users flow, their thoughts and feelings while using our products.
- Organize our live-streamed weekly inhouse UX testing sessions as well as our on-demand remote sessions.
- Make sure we’re asking the right questions.
- Collaborate with other departments e.g. customer support.
- Make sure User Research reporting is properly set up and everyone is informed about the weekly findings.
What you’ll get
- A rapidly-developing product serving over 5 million customers a day.
- A healthy feedback and development culture. Regular check-ins, 360 feedback, and employee-defined further training means that standing still isn’t an option and you will be enabled for personal growth.
- An international work environment with colleagues from more than 27 nationalities around the world.
- Free German and Business English lessons at the office from a professional language school.
- The ability to unplug from the office desk and work remotely from wherever you want once a month.
- Great office in a beautiful converted industrial office space in Berlin Prenzlauer Berg with themed meeting rooms, MacBook Pros everywhere, lot’s of mobile testing devices, height-adjustable standing desks and always a whiteboard at hand when you need it.
- We have a vibrant social scene for those who want to get involved, including frequent company and team events, Beer Fridays, lunch roulettes, and regular charity work!
- We keep you fit and healthy with fresh fruits, delicious coffee, and free yoga classes.
- Free Workshops from other teams or external guest speakers.
- And lastly, an ego-less, product-focused working environment.
Sound good to you? We’d love to hear from you!
We want to make sure you won’t waste your time applying with HomeToGo just to find out we’re not your ideal match. That’s why we would like you to send some more info about you and your motivations:
- Link to your portfolio, or let us know why you don’t have one.
- Letter of intent (Why HomeToGo? What are the challenges you’re mostly interested in taking on? What was your most relevant problem you’ve ever solved and how?)
- Updated CV
This position is based in Berlin and applicants must be authorized to work in Germany for any employer. No recruiters, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.