UX/UI Designer / Frontend Web Developer (m/f) // SmileBack
As our first UX designer and frontend developer, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly shape the future of our product. We’re looking to you to build a user experience that’s beautiful, easy to interact with, and functionally outstanding.
We’re a small, yet growing company, so you should be comfortable working in a small dev team and enjoy the opportunity for impact that comes with it. We’ll also be looking to you to accomplish the following:
- Work with the team to analyze and discuss business problems and develop solutions
- Create whiteboard sketches, wireframes or interaction diagrams to discuss and get buy-in from the team
- Conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback
- Execute all visual design stages for new pages and new features
- Maintain existing pages, making sure they have a single unified look and feel
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design roadblocks
Frontend Development / Implementation
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/SCSS practices
- Create icons and SVG graphics as needed
- Learn about our frontend build process and help improve it
- Participate in our code review process across the entire stack to ensure what gets released is high quality
Our technology stack
- HTML5 with Bootstrap 3
- Python, Django, Celery
- Heroku, CloudFront, RabbitMQ
- Stripe, Sentry, Librato, Papertrail
- Proven experience designing and developing clean, responsive frontends
- Formally trained in, or learned in self-study: interaction design, UX concepts and terminology, color theory
- A creative, solution-oriented problem solver, who thinks ahead, identifies problems before they occur, and suggests new solutions and approaches
- Communicative and open-minded
- Motivated to succeed, confident to dive in and take on new challenges
- Interested in learning new technologies and skills
- Able to work effectively both within a team and independently
- Minimum 3 years’ professional experience
- Full professional fluency with English
- A university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent)
- Eligible for work authorization in Germany
As an employer, we’re committed to investing in our team members. We embrace the various backgrounds that make individuals unique and strive to create a work environment that enables our employees to expand their own skills and experience.
Beyond offering competitive pay, we also have some top-notch perks that we created based on what our employees want and value. We support our employees’ personal educational pursuits. We offer transit pass reimbursement and on-site head and neck massages. Our dress code is relaxed. Our tables are always lined with fruits and snacks, we have team lunch every Thursday, and do regular fun activities outside the office. We are determined to help you be happy and thrive.
If this sounds like the type of company you’d succeed in, we’d love to hear from you!