UX/UI Designer // Styla GmbH
Styla is looking for a UX designer to help take our products to the next level.
We are a Berlin-based startup developing a smart design engine that enables brands to create beautiful magazines that work across all devices and platform. By supporting a direct integration with the most popular e-commerce systems, our service connects products and content to create a seamless shopping experience.
This is a full-time position, based in our office in Berlin. We have a great team with people from all over the world, with English as our main working language.
Learn more about us at www.styla.com.
As a well-rounded UX designer, you have thorough knowledge of design principles across a variety of platforms and media. We work in agile sprints with frequent feedback loops, so we’re looking for somebody who has experience in working in a fast-paced and innovative development environment. Ideally, you also have some experience with user testing and creating personas to use in your research.
In this role, you will:
- help us craft the best possible user experience throughout all aspects of a customer’s journey
- deliver sketches, mock-ups, user flows and functional specifications that help us push our products to the next level
- facilitate and own our user testing endeavors using a variety of methods (e.g. usability testing, journey mapping, A/B testing)
- work closely with product owners and engineers to improve our products
- seek and incorporate feedback from clients, users and internal stakeholders
The ideal candidate:
- 2-4 years of work experience in a similar role
- highly proficient with design and prototyping software, e.g. Sketch, Adobe CS
- impeccable aesthetic style and expert knowledge of design fundamentals
- experienced with conducting user testing and analyzing findings
- able to collaborate with a team to envision and iterate on concepts
- excellent in open communication, able to convey ideas and defend design rationale
- fluent in English, additional languages a plus
- empathetic and open-minded
- bonus: solid understanding of HTML/CSS
What you get out of it:
- support to contribute to the growth of Styla
- The opportunity to shape the future of publishing and storytelling
- The possibility to shape and develop our customer’s success and with your
- Apple working equipment (if you like)
- Getting to know the big players in the fashion and lifestyle world
- Working in an excellent team of young professionals and experienced founders
If you feel that you are the person for this job, please contact us at email@example.com with your application documents and we will get back to you as quickly as possible. Please send a portfolio along with your application including web and mobile products, as well as evidence of shipped products. Promising candidates might be asked to do a design exercise to evaluate their skills.
Please note: applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
We ́re up for a great adventure, take your chance and shape it with us!
Related listings on StepStone:
Career Insights - Journal by Jobspotting
- 5 Clever Answers To Stupid Interview Questions
Many people doubt whether there’s any sense in having job interviews. Is it really possible to determine whether a candidate is the right one for the job or not within a day or two? And on the other side of the coin: ... Read more →
- Nicolas Dolenc gives us a sneak preview of Slush 2016
If you partied with us at TOA, you’ll know that Jobspotting and Slush have a special connection. With this year’s Slush conference just around the corner, we spoke to its President and Executive Producer about ... Read more →