UX/UI Designer Trainee // Passion.io
PASSION.io is the Berlin-based company that lets you discover your passion through successful people and enables you to learn their top skills. We are an international team with the majority of our customers in the US and the vision to improve 10 million lives by 2022.
We are looking for an inspiring, engaged and motivated new member of our team.
You gained first experiences with web design and have the vision to change the future of learning. Your mission will be to build and execute our Software as as Service, Mobile Apps, and End Customer Marketplaces from a design, UX, and UI perspective to market the Passion.io learning experience to millions of people anytime, anywhere.
We make designs for our web and mobile apps, but also for marketing campaigns on our Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube channels – so experience with it is highly desirable. Creating inspiring and motivating designs around our instructors will also be a relevant part of the job. Hence, past experience with web design and advertising and any writing experience would be beneficial. You will work in a cross-functional marketing team to deliver high quality, outstandingly inspiring stories on social media.
You will directly report to our Product Manager and be responsible for the designs of all our products. Thus, you can also be creative and instantly execute the ideas you have.
What you’ll be working on
- Collaborate closely with our software team and other disciplines across the company to deliver elegant solutions to complex workflows
- Work with a Scrum Development team to implement and refine designs
- Collaborate with Product Management to define and implement creative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience
- Take the initiative in providing input and feedback in cross-team discussions
- Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Gauge the usability of new and existing products and making constructive suggestions for change
- Be the user-advocate during the development process, subjecting early-stage designs to usability testing or expert review, and offering implementation suggestions from a user-centred perspective
- Use research-related services, theories, and methods to support your recommendations
- Execute visual design stages from concept and development to release and maintenance
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
- Design and update other brand and marketing collateral including updates to our website, social content, print-based designs and other media
What you’ll bring to the team
- Demonstrable UI and UX design skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, other visual design and wireframing tools
- Excellent visual design skills with sensitivity to user-system interaction
- Clear and accessible communication skills, especially in presenting designs
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Ability to work in team and pair/team design experiences
- Deep knowledge of a variety of UX methodologies and frameworks
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to details and efficiency
- Analytical + Creative approach to problem solving
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- A Can-do Attitude and a craving for excellence and great work!
- Hard working attitude with an eagerness to learn and self-teach
- Passion for learning is a must!
What we offer you
- Steep learning curve: Expect the steepest learning curve you have ever experienced – we are building a playground at passion.io to become the best version of ourselves. Meet and work with successful people worldwide to learn their success secrets.
- Value-based company: Be part of an open, honest, creative, and results-driven environment where your opinion is highly valued. We want to change the globe for the better by providing value to others.
- High-growth environment: You will be part of a strongly growing company with the opportunity to develop into a key contributor with incomparable responsibilities.
- Personal and professional development: You will tackle projects across departments and thereby gain a top-notch tool box to succeed in tackling bigger and bigger challenges.
- Autonomy / entrepreneurial work-style: You will only be measured by the results you produce and are in the driver’s seat, with full flexibility.
- Berlin: You will join our friendly and international team located in the heart of Berlin Mitte.